Recent content by rotohammer

1. rotohammer

Post First impressions

Press left button to bring up the running apps list, long press the button with 3 rectangles in it, then press "Clean white list". Here, you press"Add into white list" and choose "messenger" and any other apps you don't want "auto cleaned". For example, my white list includes Alarm Klock, K-9...
  2. rotohammer

Post First impressions

I tried every rooting tool, including KingRoot, none worked. There's an OTA update for the stock firmware, but I wont be able to install it until after I un-root. I probably retrace the steps I did the first time: backup all my apps, flash the stock firmware, do the OTA, then save/edit it to...
  3. rotohammer

Post First impressions

AT&T Speed Tests No good, ~500kbs up/down, even though signal strength showed 4 bars on 4G. No LTE at all. Changing the band set to 3g/4g had no real effect either way. Don't buy this phone I you plan on using it with AT&T, although my mother hasn't noticed the ****ty 4G in actual use yet (I'll...
  4. rotohammer

Post First impressions

Got root Firstly, I'm still learning about Mediatek based devices, so I feel like a noob again. I haven't edited a ROM in several years and there's a lot of crap info on the internet. Most articles that write up "how to root a phone" basically say "Install twrp, then supersu", yeah, thanks :)...
  5. rotohammer

Post First impressions

It may be a while since there's not much activity happening on this device yet. I'm focusing on creating a rooted boot.img right now, as I'll be happy with 6.0 and root. I plan on having this done today. I've never created a custom twrp recovery, but I may try that next. I need to figure out...
  6. rotohammer

Post First impressions

Backing up the ROM I found SP Flash Tool v5.1632 for Linux and I've been practicing saving chunks of ROM from my bricked phone. I should be able to grab the recovery portion of the new phones' ROM tomorrow. Based on the scatter.txt file I've found for the Gionee S8 AmigOS Marshmallow ROM...
  7. rotohammer

Thread First impressions

I got mine from Amazon yesterday, I already bricked it a few hours ago by messing with the recovery. It should be an easy fix once I get hold of the stock firmware. I got another one coming tomorrow, so I'll focus on just extracting the rom from that one :) Bricking aside, I got 20/10mbs...
  8. rotohammer

Post Can't update Google Glass by using the XE16.1 boot.img?

In that case, it is the same symptom as http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51976005&postcount=28 , and the fix was simply editing the android-info.txt file inside the .zip so the line board=notle instead of board=glass_1 Im surprised Google posted the firmware such that it...
  9. rotohammer

Post Can't update Google Glass by using the XE16.1 boot.img?

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. Fastboot would not work. I thought it was trashed. But it came back to life on its own! Basically, I left the unit running after I manually turned it of and back on. Then, sometime within the following 1/2 hour, I picked up my Glass and it was at the...
  10. rotohammer

Post [ROM] CM10 Nightly Available now

Just curious, does your nick refer to a city in Poland?
  11. rotohammer

I understand what your saying now. Yes, you'd probably need the original boot.img.
  12. rotohammer

I have both an i717 and a T879, Im currently running the Tmobile unit though. I havent had any freezes in 24 hrs now. It's a keeper for now unless freezes startup again. The wife has my i717 running CM9 and she doesn't want me to mess with it to test at the moment. There is a separate...
  13. rotohammer

Good deal. I went for it again and flashed last night before I went to sleep and it hasn't locked yet. If that bug is gone, then we're all set.
  14. rotohammer

After a day or two, let us know if you had any lockups. I had to go back to ICS for the moment as I was missing important calls when it was locked up and I didn't notice. I really prefer it over ICS.
  15. rotohammer

It never has on my devices. But backup just in case, I'd hate to see you loose anything on my account.