• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by rsenden

1. R

Post **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a look and it certainly looks interesting. It does have some drawbacks though: * No NFC. I forgot to list this in my requirements; I don't use NFC that often but don't want to lose it in case I ever need it. * Most of my recent phones had AMOLED displays, so...
  2. R

Post **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

What phone to replace OnePlus 3T? I've been the happy owner of a OnePlus 3T 64GB for the past 2.5 years. Unfortunately last week the display of my 3T cracked (although still functional for now). My company will not pay for repair, but will reimburse up to the equivalent of USD 350 for a new...
  3. R

Post [Script] [EMUI] Disable/re-enable swap on honor 5X KIW-L24 (USA)

Thanks for your detailed explanation about this. As a programmer, I tend to believe what I see in code, rather than what someone is telling me. But apparently, in this case the code is misleading, in particular the comment saying that ZRAM is only enabled on devices with less than 1GB of RAM...
  4. R

Not on my device (KIW-L21 with stock B130 ROM). On my device, the init.qcom.zram.sh (see attached) enables zram for devices with less than 1GB of RAM, and runs /system/bin/enable_swap for devices with more RAM. So in my case your script disables swap, not zram (zram will still be disabled though...
  5. R

I don't know the details, but apparently there's a difference between zram and swap. I guess with zram all memory will be compressed, whereas with swap only the in-memory swap area will be compressed. According to the script, zram will be enabled for devices with less than 1GB of total RAM. For...
  6. R

Looking for dual-SIM LTE phone with recent Android version Hi all, I'm currently using a Moto X 2014 with a mobile subscription from my employer. Since my employer's subscription only allows limited data and no 4G, I'm thinking about adding a cheap personal 4G subscription. As such I'm looking...
  7. R

Post Encryption with root

Any idea how long you left it alone (couple of minutes, 15-30 minutes, 1+ hours)? My device came with Lollipop; I unlocked the bootloader for my device using Motorola's instructions, then installed root according to this thread...
  8. R

Thread [Q] Custom PIN Lock Screen Widget

Hi all, I'm running CM11 Nightly (20140107) on my GT-I9195 (S4 Mini). I'm required to have a PIN lock due to Exchange Policy, but I am able to modify the lock screen widgets. Since I have lowered the DPI for my System UI, I have quite a lot of room available above the PIN lock. Apart from the...
  9. R

Post [POLL] Do you think ics is a failure??

Back to GB After trying several ICS releases from Samsung over the last month or so, I went back to GingerBread. My main reason for going back is that ICS consumes battery a lot faster. I guess the main reason is the Exchange client, although I've also experienced the Audio_Out wakelocks. In...
  10. R

Post How long does your battery last on your SGS2?

10 days and still going With all data disabled most of the time, almost unused, but still connected to the GSM network, mine is now at more than 10 days (and I think it wasn't even fully charged at the start of this period). This is with stock ROM, Apex launcher, almost no other custom apps.
  11. R

Post [ROOT]SGS2 Easy Rooting Toolkit(zergRush Exploit)

Yesterday I updated my S2 through Kies to I9100XWKK2. Similar to mike with KK5, the exploit no longer works with this 2.3.6 firmware. I was previously using I9100XWKJ3 2.3.5 firmware (also updated through Kies); the exploit did work back then.
  12. R

Post Multi-CSC bug?..

I'm seeing the exact same message (I've also got CSC XEN). I've only been using official firmwares; all firmware upgrades were done through Kies (so I never installed a custom CSC using Odin for example). I did temporarily install a custom kernel through Odin to get root access though, but have...
  13. R

Post [Q] SGS2 Market Issue!

I've got the same problem, and so do others: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=4dfb99ab11950624&hl=en. I haven't tried it yet, but according to that page, a work-around is to open the market only using the application icon, not from the notification area.
  14. R

Thread [Android 2.2+] ShootNow!

Hi all, Today I released an updated version of my ShootNow! application with lots of improvements and some added functionality. I would like to ask you to try it out (the unlicensed version is free) and give your feedback in this thread. Thank you in advance. Application description ShootNow...
  15. R

Thread windowIsFloating=true & window size

I'm developing an activity with a floating main window (e.g. windowIsFloating=true in the activity style). Unfortunately, within a floating window my layout (using fill_parent) is not expanded to the full screen size; fill_parent behaves like wrap_content instead. I suppose floating windows are...