• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by ruinertt

1. ruinertt

Post Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Rockchip PX5 Octa-Core 2G RAM 32GB

Everything works perfectly. Android Auto settings now has an auto/day/night setting now as well (along with background images).
  2. ruinertt

No problem. I'm happy to help. It was bugging me for months as well and I finally figured it out, so I understand your frustrations.
  3. ruinertt

I like easy answers! I had this problem as well. You need to go into the factory settings menu and turn on 3-way calling. Settings --> Car --> Factory Settings --> Other Three-way Calling field...toggle that to "yes"
  4. ruinertt

Post Zlink App

The hotspot (on your head unit) acts like a WiFi access point. It has an SSID and password. You can look at (and change) the password by navigating to Network in setting and then finding the 'hotspot' menu item. Click on it and it should show you the hotspot configuration(s).
  5. ruinertt

Notice any changes? The issue that I'm having involves 'dark mode' with my maps and headlights in Android Auto. When I first start my truck, it has auto-sensing headlights that turn on when it is dark/night. However, by default, the maps (and other apps) start in the 'dark mode' even when the...
  6. ruinertt

Cellular data is the main issue. When you are connected via Android Auto (cable or wireless), it basically mirrors your phone. Thus, when you need to use data (Google Maps or Spotify or something of the sort), it uses it much like you would when you browse your phone. Android Auto is basically...
  7. ruinertt

Remove the hotspot, remove bluetooth, and clear the cache on the zlink app. Connect your phone with the USB cable to the head unit and go through the steps. It SHOULD automatically setup the hotspot that will be recognized when your phone connects to its bluetooth....should. Does your phone...
  8. ruinertt

Not sure that internet data will pass over bluetooth (maybe?). Setup a hotspot on your phone and have your head unit connect to it. Assuming that your provider allows for tethering, that should be all that you need.
  9. ruinertt

I don't know of anyway to manually trigger wireless carplay (like with a button or anyway). It's an app that either connects or it doesn't.
  10. ruinertt

I don't know enough about your head unit to tell you exactly what to do. On my Dasaita, I had to forget the hotspot on the head unit, forget bluetooth, and clear the cache for Zlink. At that point, I connected with the USB and started from scratch (BlueTooth) and then it setup the hotspot for...
  11. ruinertt

Yes, it supports it, BUT you need to be at a higher ZLINK level. I think 4.x.x to support wireless Android Auto (if you are still on the 3.0.x code it only supports wireless Carplay). I'm currently using ZLINK v 4.0.14 I believe. Typically ZLINK is packaged with the Android 10 update, so when...
  12. ruinertt

Post Dasaita Max6 PX6 4gb/64gb

Only certain native apps work and you have to 'drag them' while they are open to see if they will highlight a half screen or not. This is not a function of CarPlay or AndroidAuto, so don't try it if you are using either of those. You need to be in the native setup.
  13. ruinertt

What's the error? How is your USB drive formatted? You can also format it from inside of the head unit and then attach it to your computer (PC? Mac?).
  14. ruinertt

Your chipset is RK3368 (it appears). This is for RK3399.
  15. ruinertt

It will unzip and give you an 'update.zip' file inside of the downloaded zip file (a zip within a zip). If you get the update zip file that is extracted, you are good.