Recent content by Rumzie

1. Rumzie

Post Touch issue after December feature drop

This issue was NOT fixed in the January release. I and many others are confirming this. Google has yet to fix a major touch-screen bug, almost 2 months after the issue was brought up.
  2. Rumzie

Post Touch issue after December feature drop

This is a widespread issue that has been reported by many. So far there is still no update from Google. I am running November build without any touch issues. Google support forum with lots of people reporting.
  3. Rumzie

Post [ROM][11][R][OFFICIAL] Evolution-X [Z01R][25/01]

5/20 build installed and running well for a week. Compared to stock: -Battery life increased by 1-2 hours screen on time -UI is smooth. No stutters or crashes, but the fingerprint recognition is slightly slower than stock when the screen is off -Lots of great settings/customizations, very well...
  4. Rumzie

Has anyone tested large micro SD cards with this rom? I tried using Lineage but it wouldn't boot with my 1 TB installed...
  5. Rumzie

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Z01R] LineageOS 17.1

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I've tried 3 more times this morning and still bootloop during the setup. Did your installation steps differ from the instructions on page 1? Edit: Turns out it was my 1TB Micro SD card that caused the issue. Setup just fine without it installed.
  6. Rumzie

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Z01R] LineageOS 17.1

Thanks for the update. Clean installed this coming from latest stock Android 10 WW-100.10.107.46 I can boot successfully (I get to the "Encrypting Data" screen, and then eventually Lineage setup), but the phone will crash and start bootlooping if WiFi or Mobile Data is turned on during the...
  7. Rumzie

Latest Jan 18th build installed and setup without issue. Very nice continued work on Evolution-X Some notes/comparisons to Stock Asus Android 10: -Much faster Android setup than in the past -Screen on time is almost doubled (about 4 hours SOT for 60% battery drain, compared to 2-3 hours on...
  8. Rumzie

Thanks for the timely updates AryanAA, I will be doing a clean flash of the latest build very soon. Will we be able to use the Android 10 vendor in the near future?
  9. Rumzie

Post Zenfone 5z image retention

I've noticed no image retention on my 5Z. Though I've only used it for 3-4 months, I've experienced burn-in plenty of times before (on different phones) and would notice it on my 5Z. I would try sending it in. I just sent my bootloader unlocked 5Z to ASUS for repair and they still honored...
  10. Rumzie

Post [ZS620KL][WW] FOTA update links (new update 30 November 2020)

Running Android 10 on my 5z with T-Mobile. So far, I prefer stock over Android 10 custom roms. Its not perfect, but its definitely a solid update... -No network connectivity issues for me. -Battery life is just slightly worse for me compared to custom roms (both P and Q). I get about 3-4 hours...
  11. Rumzie

Thread Warranty Service with Unlocked Bootloader

Hi all, Just wanted to share my experience with Asus warranty service while having an unlocked bootloader. Maybe a few months after buying my first Zenfone (5z), the rear camera's focusing mechanism failed and would not focus anymore. I sent my phone into their repair center (which didn't...
  12. Rumzie

Post Zenfone 5Z 8/256GB - Camera in low light problem

Just got my phone back from Asus with a replacement rear camera. So far, the vertical lines and flickering have not improved. Focusing and taking videos (in the Camera app and in social media apps) still have a lot of flickering and lines. Although, I did notice that Snapchat has much improved...
  13. Rumzie

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][Z01R] Bliss ROMS[Q]

AryanAA, during my installation I made sure to flash the TWRP boot img to both the inactive and active partitions. In that scenario, I was able to boot TWRP in active slot, but still just ended on a ROM animation boot loop. Is there some logic/operations that the TWRP installer zip is doing that...
  14. Rumzie

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][Z01R] Bliss ROMS[Q]

Thanks for confirming. It's been a while since I had my 5z. Sent it in for a camera replacement, should be getting it back soon. I was flashing Bliss Rom on the latest Android Pie vendor, and not the Q vendor. I'ts been a while since I tried, so I couldn't tell you what build it was. I believe...
  15. Rumzie

Post Zenfone 5Z 8/256GB - Camera in low light problem

I have the same issue both with the low quality laggy viewfinder in camera apps (like Snapchat) and the flickering screen / vertical lines in low light. Focusing is also not as reliable in low light. My main camera's focusing is defective and doesn't work anymore. I am attempting to get it...