Recent content by rundgong

1. R

Post [ROM] rCast - Chromecast as a standalone media player without wifi

That looks very unlikely. The hardware is different and the software is probably also quite different.
  2. R

No. Since there is no root exploit for CC2 it's not possible.
  3. R

2: It's possible to do, but probably not so easy. NTFS: I haven't tried myself, but it depends on if NTFS is supported by the kernel. If NTFS is supported you can probably just change "-t vfat" in the rcast_player_start.sh script to "-t ntfs" and that might work. If you login ssh/telnet you...
  4. R

Probably not. But if you have unlimited data, can't you set up your phone as a wifi hotspot and have the CC connect through that?
  5. R

It's a full ROM based on Eureka, but I have not removed the auto-update feature, so when a newer Eureka version comes out it it will update if you have not manually disabled it. Then it probably works as it should.
  6. R

Probably not. I have no idea what is the actual problem.
  7. R

Probably not. I'm not sure how screen casting works but normal apps download a receiver component every time the app is loaded. If that is located on the internet I guess it is not possible.
  8. R

It does not do anything when you are connected to the internet. That means normal casting is no problem. Not sure how it affects DNS hacks for Netflix and other services
  9. R

Post [ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

Disable automatic updates and manually flash the old version.
  10. R

Installation procedure is the same as for Eureka ROM, so have a look at that thread. Basic requirements are that your device is rootable and that you have installed FlashCast.
  11. R

Yes, I do a modification of the Eureka ROM. Since I do manual patching of some binaries, I doubt the process can be fully automated like he has done. Unfortunately I just noticed there has been some changes to the latest cast_shell, so it no longer works properly when there is no wifi. It still...
  12. R

I have now updated it, so it is based on the latest Eureka ROM. Download available here: http://www.rundgong.com/rcast/download.php?id=rcast_1.1
  13. R

Post Illumination bar notification app

Yes. For some reason blinking does not work on Xperia L, so I just disabled that option in the app.
  14. R

I'm on vacation right now, but when I get home I will update it. That might take a few weeks though.
  15. R

First post has now been updated with link to sources at github. Some of the build scripts are a bit messy because I don't have any toolchain for chromecast, and had to use the toolchain for android instead. But hopefully you can understand what is going on anyway.