• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by RussellRooster

1. R

Post TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

You’re right of course we should continue to recommend people use what are effectively Beta versions of software instead of manufacturers verified versions, and have excellent results like all those people who tried the Android 11 version…..if you have a specific issue which might be addressed...
  2. R

As you’re so fond of saying look back at the posts and you’ll see stantr had the same issue. bubuie asked for a recommendation on which version to use I gave them one, it’s called being helpful, there’s no need to get snarky about it
  3. R

I would suggest you use the official 645 firmware found on the TCL support site, as I had had issues with Youtube on 653 which is mentioned earlier
  4. R

I had same problem with YouTube downgrading to 645 fixed it for me
  5. R

Thanks for that maybe just me but since I went back to 645 no YouTube crashes at all compared to every 10-15 minutes on 653 so I’ll put up with the HLG issues
  6. R

New user here I updated my c815 with the 653 version mentioned above and found lots of crashes in the YouTube application, I’ve reverted to the official 645 version and see no more issues, anyone else seeing this?