• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by RyanZA

1. R

Post CF-Auto-Root

Also for anybody with a 925F who flashed the root but is stuck in a boot loop - you can flash the 925T and it will boot fine. Not sure if everything will work 100%, but it will boot fine.
  2. R

Post CF-Auto-Root

Any chance you can post a link to just the extracted one? The whole firmware is huge and very slow to download
  3. R

Post [APP] Visual Traceroute

New version of this app that uses the new Google Maps API (vectors, smooth scrolling, etc) with a better UI is available on Google Play now. Also has details of which organization controls each hop. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rc.vtrace2
  4. R

Post [ROOT][SECURITY] Root exploit on Exynos

Your APK is only available from an HTTP link. You have provided no hash of the APK so I have no way of knowing if the the APK I just downloaded is actually from you. Your app is closed source - I have no idea what it might be doing. While you may not be doing anything malicious on purpose, you...
  5. R

Luckily you aren't a malware author then, or we'd all be screwed! ;) Of the current 4 malware using this exploit I know of in the wild, all run on app start - which is blocked by all 3 solutions. Supercurios solution works on non-rooted devices, and therefore has by far the best chance to help...
  6. R

Post [2012.12.18] Why Exynos exploit patches may not work as expected + demo app

Props on the great research Chainfire, I agree with it all 100% Personally though, malware authors target the easy and low hanging fruit - in this case, 99% of phone users who have not used any kind of fix. (99% is a very low estimate). They have no real reason to try and 'out race' mine or...
  7. R

As per requests, I added in 'fix vulnerability on boot' functionality for those who like an open source fix. Nice work on that app, curio. :)
  8. R

As per requests, I added in 'fix vulnerability on boot' functionality for those who like an open source fix. Nice work on that app, curio. :)
  9. R

Camera on my device also continues to work fine, and I can confirm the permissions set by the app: ls -l /dev/exynos-mem crw------- system graphics 1, 14 2012-12-14 10:18 exynos-mem Maybe only some devices require world-access to the exynos-mem file to use the camera.
  10. R

Yes, Google uses an automated detection system for vulnerabilities, and if they detect that your app has an exploit inside it your market account will be banned. Google is very difficult to talk to on issues like this and you'd have a hard time even getting hold of a real person to prove your...
  11. R

Oh, 100%. Makes sense to me and would be good to distribute to users who aren't rooted. My app is just a quick fix made for the XDA community, and I'm sure most people here are very much rooted (and full of stock roms ;) ) To XDA users: I recommend you either run 'su' 'chmod 600...
  12. R

It crashes? Interesting :o Works here fine.. device must be rooted to use it, but I'm sure yours is rooted... If you could post the logcat would be interesting to see why something so simple would crash! You can check out the github source too if you want, it's been added to the post above...
  13. R

Hey curio, No need, here is a very quickly put together app in 5 mins that lets you toggle on/off world writability to /dev/exynos-mem So you can toggle the fix off if you want to use the camera, then toggle it back on afterwards. Github source: https://github.com/Ryan-ZA/exynosfix APK...
  14. R

Hey curio, No need, here is a very quickly put together app in 5 mins that lets you toggle on/off world writability to /dev/exynos-mem So you can toggle the fix off if you want to use the camera, then toggle it back on afterwards. Github source: https://github.com/Ryan-ZA/exynosfix APK...
  15. R

Post [APP][OSS] Fake GPS Path

Hey. Sure, help is welcome as I haven't had time to update this app much. (My current projects don't need location. ;)) I was planning to open source it, but didn't have any interest from anyone so I didn't bother... I've uploaded it to github now though since at least one person is interested...