• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by s327374

1. S

Post error: "Flash preloader error"

ok - I had the same problem. I needed a cheap Westernized Xiaomi to ensure I can look after my child's digital wellbeing. Was really annoying - I purchased it expecting it to be the same as previous models and years where I have converted for colleagues here in China. However, there were...
  2. S

Post error: "Flash preloader error"

Yes me too Except I have now also turned mine into a bootloop.
  3. S

Thread One plus watch

MOD EDIT: Content removed at the request of the OP.
  4. S

Post OnePlus Watch

5. S

Thread OnePlus Watch

6. S

Post Goodbye Huawei? What is your next phone?

I'd still be using my Mate 20, except for an accident and mess up with repair. I will say though, that the oneplaus 8pro (also I got it at Cheaper Chinese price) has actually been ok. But, yeah. Battery I miss. My 8 pro has recently displayed more resilience, but still, If I choose to do...
  7. S

Post Goodbye Huawei? What is your next phone?

Update? oh man, I miss the battery. I like the 120 blah blahblah and ****... but oh, I miss the battery! ok - 27-11-2020 isn't so bad now, battery was starting to go crazy bad on my oneplus and I was needing to charge twice a day. Was on Beta 3... so, it got an update (beta 4) and I removed...
  8. S

Post [OP8PRO][OOS 11AA/BA/DA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Wow - ok I know my explanation doesn't make sense I suppose. However, I really am thankful at the moment. Windows via parallel normally works for this sort of thing - I mean it got me into this predicament, right? However, using an old Huawei Windows tablet in Chinese language (don't ask) got...
  9. S

Post Any help with fully bricked device

Thank you. I feel I am little past this stage now though.. Also trying the brick reprieve software . Just can't get my computer to recognise the phone now. No ability to get to emergency download path - think it is my crappy cihinese pc (old Huawei tablet basically) or Windows via apple that...
  10. S

Yep - I pretty much messed up, right? Now all I have is a brick. I see now how I should have gone about this, but I panicked... probably am not the first. Anyway, I really appreciate the help here on this site whenever I stumble. Not in the tech industry, so it is an unusual hobby for someone...
  11. S

Thread Any help with fully bricked device

Hello! THink I have bricked my phone, but just checking before I go through what I suppose is a long process with oneplus. Looking for any help. I had a working device - unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP and magisk using MauronofrioTool. ok - however, I found out I couldn't use a...
  12. S

er - I think I am stuffed. Tried to relock my bootloader and now can't get into bootloader or recovery. Just a repeat off and on "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit this link on another device: g.co/ABH" How stuffed am I - downloading this now, but think I...
  13. S

Post OnePlus 8 Pro - Change from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS

And it did. Noice! Noted that the phone wouldn't pick up my wifi on a VPN enabled router ... but found a setting buried in wifi called 'Network rating provider' and switched it to 'none' from 'Google'. Seemes to have done the trick. Loving finally having google assistant on a phone - coming...
  14. S

Post Convert pro 8 from Hydrogen to Oxygen

Just bought mine today - should arrive tomorrow. I will try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8-pro/help/oneplus-8-pro-change-hydrogenos-to-t4100231 with this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8-pro/how-to/oneplus-8-pro-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t4084315 via this...