Recent content by schriss

1. S

Post Video Issue: The Red Tint & Stutter Thread

I do believe Kirin is too weak to do 4K 60fps that is why it is not there and possibly 30fps is close to it's limits. There is a video on youtube, which shows both phones performing h.264 video encoding, same video same settings. P30 Pro was 2x slower. This is probably the reason. It might not...
  2. S

Post Photo quality

What do you guys think about these photos? (and video) https://youtu.be/KyI55bqJsJw?t=259
  3. S

Post Photo quality

well, get ready for other problems, most notably red tint everywhere, video pan stutter and no 60fps in 4K, also very low bitrate. Nothing is perfect.
  4. S

OK I decided to go with S10, because I really need 60fps at 4K (on my S8+ I often could extract frame from video and print it, it's that good), don't want pan stutter and kinda need stabilization in other modes too not just main lens. Red tint I could live with. Macro, nightmode and 5x are great...
  5. S

There is hope that app makers will catch up with multi-lens game and allow individual presets for each lens. But that's not something that will happen tomorrow. And might be Paid feature.
  6. S

I see what you mean. So there is still hope this could be software fixed by similar tricks like HDR, the AI would have to compensate various areas but not the whole image. However I would be skeptical they can do that anytime soon.
  7. S

I'm pretty sure red tint can be fixed with software. Especially that it uses AI so heavily, that's just software too. I'm more worried about occasional screen wobble/shake that I have seen on lower light videos, and of course pan stutter. Here you can see that weird screen shake happens while he...
  8. S

Different phones but same location same time, to make it easier for testers to spot red tint, show what it looks like compared to no-tint video. I do not know if the tinted video is before or after firmware update. I think red tint goes away when he zooms in 5x.
  9. S

Here is the same scene, daylight: With red tint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotUrvKQR4M without: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBEC1Bd1yqk
  10. S

We need to see examples, some people will never see the problem in the first place. You won't believe me but I have friends who can not tell a difference between 720p and 1080p, when it's obvious to you, frustrating...
  11. S

Too bad he didn't upload 1440p or 4K. He has few other videos there as well, not bad, not great, image stabilization seems a bit shaky sometimes. ---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ---------- His other videos are nice, this shows 5x video, I like it...
  12. S

For comparison, here are bitrates from S10: With the H.264 codec, the [email protected] videos are captured at 72Mbps bitrate, the [email protected] - 48Mbps, the [email protected] - 28Mbps, and the [email protected] - 14Mbps.
  13. S

Post P30 pro and p30 has dual gps, someone tested gps accuracy?

I see 4m on my old Galaxy S8+ can we actually get better with a non-military GPS?
  14. S

Post Huawei P30 Pro camera samples

It would be great if someone used Open Camera (that was suggested earlier) and tried using different bitrates to see what happens. I think default is 20Mbps for a 4K video on P30 Pro. This is even lower than YouTube uses for encoding. Increasing bitrate could allow for better quality, but will...
  15. S

Post Huawei P30 Pro camera samples

I'm afraid so many reviews are sponsored and some videos I saw did look great BUT the phone was held still, there was no panning AND the subjects were either not moving much or moved very slowly. It seems like the reviews made by those who have much fewer followers are much more honest than...