• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by SCHUMI_4EVER

1. S

Post [ROOT ANDROID][2.x-6.0] KINGROOT: The One-Click Root Tool for Almost All Devices

Within limits. There's still a lot of stuff that doesn't have the move to SD card option. Or you only end up moving a 800kb APK which left 100+ MB data on the phone which doesn't solve anything. And this is all thanks back around the ICS days when Google forced installing anything on the phone...
  2. S

Post [ROOT ANDROID][2.x-6.0] KINGROOT: The One-Click Root Tool for Almost All Devices

I'm not referring to bloatware. I'm referring to their inadvertent attempt to put SanDisk out of business by making a 2GB phone largely ignore it's 8GB mem card. Unless you own a flagship you're absolutely sunk thanks to their idiocy, heck even with a lot of flagships you're sunk after a while...
  3. S

Well I wish they'd butt out. It's my business what I install to get around the space use on the phone that they royally buggered up (As in pre-smartphones were smarter in this regard).
  4. S

I don't think it was an app but I recently got an urgent prompt on my Sony Z3 to remove KingRoot which was classed as a harmful app.. It went away after a restart though and I thankfully haven't seen it since. This was like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
  5. S

Post Top Models with Android 6.0 that KingRoot Supports

Darn, looks like the Sony Z3 (D6603) isn't supported yet. Oh well fantastic news as now that the initial breach has been made hopefully other devices won't take too much longer to fall in line.
  6. S

Post Marshmallow 6.0 official firmware update and now no downloads

Well that's fantastic news.... I really didn't want to resort to that. The rest works great/as good as before, it's just the downloads that are stuck...sigh...oh well. Thanks. Here's to 2-3 days of downloading and setting everything up again anyways (slow net) :/
  7. S

Thread Marshmallow 6.0 official firmware update and now no downloads

The phone updated to Marshmallow and now all downloads just hang. Nothing happens at all for hours. Googling suggests that I need to wipe the cache partition (well something to try before a full wipe) and I in order to that I need to get into recovery. And that's where my problems start...
  8. S

Thanks guys. That's fantastic news. Now I just wonder whether it would be better to update with SD card in or out since it will disable Link2SD temporarily before I get it rooted again, so I'm a bit worried about that partition getting stuffed either way.
  9. S

So....anything for the Sony Xperia Z3 on newer Android versions yet? Or is it still only rootable on 5.0.1?
  10. S

Darn. Oh well, guess I stay on 5.0.1 for a while longer. At least there's clearly some hope. Thanks for the info.
  11. S

So am I right in understand that 5.1.1 can be rooted with this tool now? (Sony Z3) If so how do I go about this? Do the OTA update and lose root and install the new Kingroot to get it back? Or install it ahead of time and then never lose root?
  12. S

Post ANY way to keep root when updating to 23.4.A.0.546?

Yes and no. I had a neo but that was a very different device and I never felt the need to do anything custom to it (although I did check XDA for it) so it remains stock even today. Then I went to Samsung cuz everything Sony sucked at the time, at least in my price range. And now I'm back with...
  13. S

Because the phone isn't even two weeks old. Nowhere near time yet to risk bricking it doing non-standard things, I've already tested my luck enough by rooting it. And my region doesn't have 580 yet anyways. The inability to remove the battery makes me even more nervous about this sort of stuff...
  14. S

Thanks, guess I'm waiting then. Any way to temporarily disable the update message/get it out of my notification bar?
  15. S

Thread ANY way to keep root when updating to 23.4.A.0.546?

So my phone is now prompting me to update (and I can't even tell it to got to hell like I could on my S4 Mini :( ) but I refuse to do so until I know I can keep my root intact (or until Kingroot becomes capable of rooting that version). Is there ANY way of keeping my root intact? Maybe by using...