Recent content by schwem

1. schwem

Post TWRP 3.2.3-1 for Pixel Devices

Hmmm... That's strange. It worked for me just fine. Sorry I can't be more help.
  2. schwem

Did you try flashing root after twrp?
  3. schwem

Post Verizon Pixel XL - Unlocking Discussions

You need to adb reboot bootloader. Once in bootloader type fastboot continue and it should boot. If it doesn't work the first try keep trying. You may hang on startup. if so do a hard reboot by holding power till it reboots. Then you can reunlock the bootloader with dePixel8 and then flash stock...
  4. schwem

Post Daydream VR

That sucks. I think mine's bad also. I get charging lights and whatnot but it only lasts 10 minutes before the erratic behavior begins and wont stop until I plug it in. Are you buying a new one or are they sending a replacement?
  5. schwem

Post Daydream VR

Sounds like you're remote battery is bad. While charging the light should slowly pule and when charge it should remain solid. Also, while pairing it should pulse and when low you'll get pulses as well. Mine seems to charge ok but behaves erratic after just 5-10 short minutes of use like the...
  6. schwem

Post Post your Home Screen setup

That's strange considering that in order to use oms the rom has to have oms commits merged into the rom. Stock roms do not have oms commits and are supposed to use the legacy way of applying the themes which include building the apk's and forcing a reboot to apply the theme's apk's. The apk's...
  7. schwem

Post [APP][Android 6+] Ambi-Turner - wake up ambient display

Hey man. Just letting you know one kind of major issue with recent updates. If I have tilt to wake on and I sit in my recliner with my phone on the arm at an angle the ambient display will constantly come on without stopping. It will go off after a few seconds and come right back on over and...
  8. schwem

Post Daydream VR

I too was one receiving the overheat message but I have yet to receive an update to Daydream VR. I got the overheating message twice and have yet to use my VR since. It freaked me out and my device was too hot to handle in just 30 minutes of use. I hope I get an update that fixes this as I wont...
  9. schwem

Post Post your Home Screen setup

You need to use legacy as legacy refers to stock and you are using a stock rom. Usually substratum will not even show OMS options while running a stock rom.
  10. schwem

Post Daydream VR

I've watched a few and although they do make it seem as though you're there the quality of the video's are kind of poor. Well, certain videos anyways. Everything just seems very washed out. It's no big deal but it bothers me a bit but I do understand the VR just works by magnifying your screen...
  11. schwem

Post [APP][Android 6+] Ambi-Turner - wake up ambient display

Just installed the update this morning and rebooted first thing. My phone has been waking perfectly everytime I pull it from my pocket and/or wave at it when sitting in my toolbox at work. It just keeps getting better and better! Thank you kind sir and congratulations on the new addition to the...
  12. schwem

Skim through some Google news posts and you'll see that HTC plans to make the last of it's smartphone line spring of 2017. Looks like their setting their sight's on different ventures. I've read 3 articles now claiming HTC is dropping out of the smartphone race. Sad news and I hope it's purely...
  13. schwem

Post Daydream VR

Well then you're lucky because mine gets "oven mitts hot"! I even tried again today and it was so hot I shut it right off. The 2nd time I used it I got an overheat message and the device shut itself off. If the device gets hot enough to turn it's own self off, I'd say that's way too hot. Like...
  14. schwem

Haha, I'm sorry but I've gotta laugh at what you've been going through. Sorry but I've done things like this going "man I must be stupid but I'm following it to a T! Haha, you can't help but laugh it off. Glad you got everything going man. :good:
  15. schwem

Post Daydream VR

Got my Daydream VR yesterday and used it for just under one hour. My device actually got too hot to handle and upon viewing my last 360° video in youtube VR I got an over heating message and my device powered off. I immediately removed it from the headset and the metal was almost too hot to hold...