Recent content by seskanda

1. S

Post Need help to get bootloader

Ok let's say I make a .TAR file from boot.img all I have to do is rename it to TAR.MD5 and Odin will flash it ?
  2. S

No, I get 'error: closed' when I run the .bat file as Administrator and it outputs a boot.img file that is 0 bytes in C:\ Yes the OA6 ROM is a ZIP file that Windows is able to open by itself, and I see a boot.img file in there. But even if this is the boot loader how can it be turned into a...
  3. S

I do not have a .TAR or .TAR.MD5 file of any bootloader and that command you gave does not work it says "%%a was unexpected at this time" after the second line.
  4. S

Ok it is SM-G900P w/ Android 4.4.2 NE5 rooted and Knox 0x0. I'd like to upgrade to Android 5.0 OA6 and keep Knox and root. Yes that is a good explaination of what the TAR.MD5 file is. I'm never able to find a TAR file without MD5 as that verifies it. I've read that to upgrade to Android 5.0...
  5. S

I'm not really sure but let's say you are right I will be needing at least a .tar file of the bootloader from a firmware/ROM
  6. S

My Sprint Galaxy S5 is rooted what kind of file does this command output? Is it an IMG file? I'm looking for a TAR.MD5 file, and need it from a firmware/ROM that is not on the phone.
  7. S

Wow I had no idea Odin is a Samsung only tool Yes it is Sprint Galaxy S5, does thread need to be moved now? I see is any way to know if the bootloader is unlocked? And if not, then can it be done?
  8. S

Fixed title of the thread, but this is a general Android question and not for a specific phone so I hope it is in the right section
  9. S

Thread Need help to get bootloader

Hello How is a bootloader available as a tar.md5 file to flash in Odin? Is it possible to take the bootloader out of a Stock or Rooted ROM? Does it come from the boot.img file in some way ? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
  10. S

Post Missing Ads on Fire 7

Well, I never claimed to be an expert on this matter. But the video I followed to root only mentions SuperSU and not KingRoot. I need to go at this the best way. It looks as if a factory reset is first option and if that does not fix lock screen ads then will try to reinstall the firmware. I...
  11. S

SuperTool uses SuperSU, not KingRoot so internet is not needed. And factory reset should retain root since it does not alter the SYSTEM partition. However, it's quite possible a factory reset will still not fix lock screen ads.
  12. S

I use SuperTool, which is desktop (tethered) so do not need internet to root. Do you know if SuperTool retains root after a factory reset?
  13. S

I use SuperTool, which is desktop (tethered) so do not internet to root. Do you know if SuperTool retains root after a factory reset?
  14. S

It's been awhile since I rooted this, but do not recall needing WiFi to root, why would that be required? Well, then I should definitely try a factory reset first before re-loading the firmware.
  15. S

Yes, I was lucky that I rooted it quickly and disabled OTA updates at the same time. The Wifi was disconnected when I did both of that. I'm thinking If I do something similar it should end up as is now. With WiFi not connected, there is zero chance of OTA update, right? Will factory reset keep...