Recent content by sfhub

1. S

Post Anybody with project Fi got their bootloader unlocked or otherwise?

Probably everyone resolved this already, but in my experience Pixel 3s from Google all come with OEM unlocking turned off and grayed out (ie can't be unlocked), at least initially, then during setup, something is downloaded or something is queried that makes the option selectable. I had 3 of...
  2. S

Post After unlocking bootloader can I restore stock, relock and have Safety Net work

Thanks again for your feedback. It is appreciated.
  3. S

Post After unlocking bootloader can I restore stock, relock and have Safety Net work

Thanks so much for trying that out for me. Two other quick questions: 1) did the bootloader stop complaining about boot verification after relocking 2) under play store->hamburger->settings, at the bottom does it say Device certification - Certified? Thank you very much.
  4. S

Post Moto X4 Models (NO Bootloader Unlocking)

That is just the default warranty if you don't have a purchase receipt. They take the manufacture data and add like 2 months grace period to get the phone sold, then 12mo from there. If you bought the phone in May, you'll have 12mo from purchase date. They'll probably ask you to provide proof...
  5. S

Based on your personal experience with doing that on an X4 or based on your understanding of how it should work? That's the way it has worked on other platforms I've used, but I've seen a couple of posts where people say that isn't the case here. They say you still get a warning message on...
  6. S

I don't think signed images is necessarily the issue. Even if the images released so far weren't signed (which I haven't verified is the case signed or unsinged), by the time you apply an OTA, they would be signed. Otherwise, it would be impossible for the stock (never bootloader unlocked)...
  7. S

Post Official OTA Files - Android One XT1900-1 Only

I recall in the past on Nexus, except for the full version updates, the incremental updates were specifically targetted to whatever source version you had installed. For example If the new version was 8.0 release 3 and there were some people on 8.0 release 1 and other people were on 8.0...
  8. S

Thread After unlocking bootloader can I restore stock, relock and have Safety Net work

In the FAQ thread it was stated that once you unlock the bootloader you can NOT completely return to a pre-unlocked state. Coming from Nexus, I usually unlock my bootloader and leave it that way, just in case I do something stupid and bootloop the phone. I run everything stock, except for...
  9. S

Post Moto X4 Models (NO Bootloader Unlocking)

Could someone answer a simple question. Project Fi version of Moto X4 Is Bootloader unlockable? Is the method to use fastboot oem get_unlock_data and get the unlock code from moto website or is it even simpler and I can do fastboot oem unlock On the older nexus devices from google you...
  10. S

Post [GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Flash for Nexus 5X

Some people might find it useful to know that the newest versions of ADB don't work on WinXP (not by accident) and the last version of ADB that will work with WinXP is 23.1 http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r23.1.0-windows.zip
  11. S

Post Unable to decrypt 5X

Add "fastboot format userdata" to your list of commands.
  12. S

Post [GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Flash for Nexus 5X

I don't think it will fix anything, but you can try. Earliest is 6.0.1 I believe. MDA89E. There is always the possibility you have some software not compatible with latest OS. After you found it was working with no google account, I would try with brand new google account. Then slowly add...
  13. S

Post 5x hardware bootloop cause / fix ?

People are reporting they can't get refunds anymore. Their options are to wait weeks for parts, get a G4 in exchange, or if you complain enough, sometimes they offer G5 in exchange.
  14. S

If you could even flash the factory images, then it is likely you didn't have hardware bootloop in the first place. If you want TWRP to stick, you need to install root (which modifiies the boot image) or modified boot image.
  15. S

For hardware bootloop, I would say this behavior is highly YMMV.