Recent content by sga999

1. S

Post [UNLOCK][ROOT][TWRP][UNBRICK] Fire HD 10 2017 (suez)

I'm not very familiar with gitHub, but it looks like all old releases are there. Newer ones are listed first, so you may have to advance to a subsequent page to get the one you want. https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
  2. S

I got a notification about a new Magisk version 22.0 today. It is a combined app and zip file. I thought maybe this boot problem would be fixed on our Fire HD 10, but no luck. And yet it looks like this problem was closed out the day after we mentioned it. I wonder why. Has anyone else...
  3. S

I am also having problems with 21.3. (The difference is that I have a custom rom installed). I also tried 21.2 and that fails. But 21.1 does work (and 20.4). I'm not that familiar with GitHub, but it looks like someone reported a similar problem #3636, 15 days ago on a Sony Z1C. It's about 9...
  4. S

Post [Guide] How to Install TWRP & Root Essential PH-1(Method 2)

I'm not sure if this will help. But I have two of these essential phones, both from eBay, so they had been used, but seemingly in okay condition. I had some problems with the first one failing doing fastboot commands now and then. But generally, it worked pretty well. But with the second one, I...
  5. S

Post [ROM][10.0][PRE-OFFICIAL][TREBLE][X72x][OTA][VOLTE] AOSiP-Q

For the hardware buttons, I have preferred that they not be lit, yet still function properly. That was allowed in the pie version of aosip. It was under owlsnest, hardware buttons, then there were tabs called navigation and backlight. Under navigation, I could disable them entirely. I was not...
  6. S

Now I have the newer version, and I'm happy to see OwlsNest! Under Statusbar, clock and date, the Pizza (Pie) version allowed me to place the date and time at the rightmost side of the statusbar (Clock/Alignment = Left, Center, or Right). I only see the option to move the date to the left or...
  7. S

Yes, I do not have that! When you click settings, Owlsnest used to be 4 or so down in that screen, i.e. the screen where Network and internet, Connected devices show. But it does not show for me at all. And if I search the settings for owls nest, it is not found. Where does it appear for you in...
  8. S

I did not think that the prior pie version had to be installed before installing this one. It seems like any of the settings like OwlsNest would be available in the new one, even if we did not update from the older one. EDIT: I think I misunderstood you. You were not saying I had to be on the...
  9. S

Will Owlsnest with all the extra options be added in this version (pizza had it)? I realize this is just released, so this question may be premature.
  10. S

Post [STOCK][DUMPS][FIRMWARE] Essential stock firmware and rom dumps

Thanks for looking for the file. I did see the link to the patch, but I wasn't sure what I would do with that. However, when reading it, it seemed to imply that we needed to do the same thing that is mentioned in post 1386 of this thread. That post mentions issuing command: adb reboot "dm-verity...
  11. S

Post [STOCK][DUMPS][FIRMWARE] Essential stock firmware and rom dumps

I have gotten the dreaded red verity warning. But I cannot find the file with the fix. I believe I'm supposed to go to http://gg.gg/ai7m1. But that just returns a weird error message. Does someone have this file? I got this Essential phone from eBay a couple of weeks ago, and I'm wondering if...
  12. S

Post Don't Re-Lock Your Bootloader

I know this is an old thread. But I'll try posting here anyway. I got a refurb Essential and updated to stock Android 10 (November). I turned on OEM unlocking in Developer options. Unfortunately, I only did fastboot flashing unlock. I did NOT do fastboot flashing unlock_critical. I tried...
  13. S

Post [discontinued][ROM][unlocked][suez] Lineage-14.1 [26 SEP 2019]

Great job, Spelcheck! Your efforts and results are greatly appreciated.
  14. S

FYI, Play Store updated Chrome app now (shows release date Nov. 6), and the Court TV problem freeze no longer occurs..
  15. S

Yes, I installed the Opera VPN app and tested the court TV problem, and the problem did not occur. So I guess you thought I installed the app and didn't test after that? That would be pretty crazy of me! I realize there are other ways to get things to work. As I mentioned with the Miracast...