• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by shmallow

1. S

Post Question Class Action Lawsuit against OnePlus launched

Yeah this is why I just can't find the energy to even care about it. I agree OnePlus should have some form of backlash so that they won't, going forward, continue to do hidden throttling that should be a toggle. But class action lawsuit? Not gonna benefit me at all. Not worth my time to get a...
  2. S

Post Question Class Action Lawsuit against OnePlus launched

Didn't One Plus state they're going to be adding a toggle on the android 12 update though? Litigation can take years, by the time this gets to court the update may have already been rolled out. Seems like a waste of resources to me.
  3. S

Post Question MicroG on Oxygen OS?

I'll probably try again in a few weeks, I don't want to mess up my phone before my vacation. Ideally I want to keep stock but debloated as much as possible and MicroG instead of Google services
  4. S

Thread Question MicroG on Oxygen OS?

Has anyone gotten MicroG working on Oxygen OS with signature spoofing? I tried to go through a process, don't have the link now, that was documented for lineageOS but had steps outlined for one plus devices. Unfortunately for me I only noticed that after I flashed using the steps for lineageOS...
  5. S

Post Development [RECOVERY] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

I'd try again but do refresh size before you try to flash. Might be that trying to flash initially messed something up
  6. S

Well ignore my above post, this fixed the issue for me
  7. S

Just came back from a brick through MSM tool, oem unlocked and first thing I do is try to get TWRP back. TWRP doesn't prompt for decryption though, instead just opens. If I go to flash current TWRP it fails to mount. If I go to decrypt data manually it asks for a pin even though I have a pattern...
  8. S

Post Question reason for partition not flashing in fastbootd

Did you try doing local update with 11.2.4.4AA? It might at least give you a solid 11.2.4.4AA b slot
  9. S

this fixed my slot b issues. slot b now boots to OOS. good to know, thanks for that
  10. S

Good luck!! Hopefully it works out. I think the only risk is you may lose data, but just doing the same fastboot flash to slot a should work i think. I did it multiple times on a. the second time was because I was going to try a second time to flash onto slot b but forgot to change to slot b...
  11. S

I was coming from LOS so I definitely wasn't on an older version of OOS. I can't quite remember if I wiped beforehand; I think I must have because I don't think it would have worked otherwise. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to flash 11.2.7.7AA on top.. but if its a functional rom it's...
  12. S

I feel you, that's why I was trying to get it back up too. At this point I think it might be a rabbit hole for me. Until someone proves to me that slot b is actually a full mirror of slot a, I'm just going to assume it's a partial mirror. As it is, as long as I can boot into the bootloader I...
  13. S

First I had done this procedure to slot a. Figured I probably needed to do the same to slot b so I switched to slot b through TWRP, ran the script and yup product, system, system_ext, vendor and odm failed to flash. At that point I just switched back to slot a and breathed a sigh of relief that...
  14. S

I also tried this last night and had the same result on my slot b. I thought maybe it was because a file was consumed from my payload dump (since I had used the same files for slot a) but if you had the same issue then maybe slot b doesn't contain all partitions. Wish I knew how to check that though
  15. S

Post Question Recovery boots into fastboot

Me too, honestly the only reason I looked into it was because I was forced to. From what I've gathered, it seems like slot b is a staging area for updates when downloaded. It's an entirely separate partition but I'm not sure it's fully functional. I really don't know much and would appreciate...