Recent content by skyguy126

1. skyguy126

Post [GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Safetynet for Pixel 4a

Does the modified device fingerprint interfere with receiving OTA updates through the settings menu? Is it best to update via downloading the zip from online and sideloading it? Anyone have luck with flashing the new december update (Nov -> Dec)? I don't see the OTA in settings and I am...
  2. skyguy126

Post [GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Safetynet for Pixel 4a

I tried following this guide with the Nov 5th update, and I was able to successfully unlock my bootloader and I copied the stock boot.img to the phone, used magisk manager to patch it. Then I did fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and the phone says device corrupted in red when powering on...
  3. skyguy126

Thread Any possibilities with bootloader v3

As the title says, I should have read more into the dev community about this phone but I currently have a G950U with bootloader v3. Is there any possibility of any custom roms or rooting for this variant. Otherwise I am planning to return it. Thanks in advance.
  4. skyguy126

Post [V2][Root][G950U/W]PartCyborgRom - Root for Snapdragon S8 with Custom Rom

My S8's bootloader version is 3 (based on the numbering scheme from this thread). Will this still be compatible. The phone is a G950U
  5. skyguy126

Post Google Play Services Keeps Crashing

Booted first. I'm just going through and re-installing all the google apps and they seem to work after that.
  6. skyguy126

Thread Google Play Services Keeps Crashing

I just tried upgrading my phone to the latest nightly from one that was in January, should have made a backup but I didn't. The phone boots and regular apps work fine but anything to do with Google or Google Play services keeps crashing. I have tried wiping system, dalvik-cache and cache and...
  7. skyguy126

Post OTA Android 6.0 B27 --> B29 Aboot error

tabletalker7 where can I find the zip file, as of now the only zips I am finding are for B20 and B27 (Marshmallow) and the Nougat ones.
  8. skyguy126

tabletalker7 came installed with the phone, US version.
  9. skyguy126

Choose an username... will give it a go and report back; thanks! It doesn't lock the bootloader right?
  10. skyguy126

supergear I believe its still Android 6.0
  11. skyguy126

Thread OTA Android 6.0 B27 --> B29 Aboot error

Trying to flash the ota that brings me from B27 to B29 (Android 6.0, M) so I restored my system image and the boot partition. I have not touched any other partitions since I unlocked my bootloader using this guide...
  12. skyguy126

Post [Tutorial]Kernel Post Compilation Guide; how to turn kernel into img

Missed the ramdisk flag while building the new image and my device failed to boot multiple times. Thanks for the detailed guide (pressed the button :D)!
  13. skyguy126

Post [MOD][SCRIPT] Get More Storage by Relocating Dalvik Cache!

I don't have any devices running marshmallow at the moment so I cannot tell you if it will work or not. Sorry!
  14. skyguy126

Post Android Pay and Custom ROM

Would there be a way to use Xposed framework, to spoof the signature check the app does and make it seem as if the image was still valid?
  15. skyguy126

Post [MOD][SCRIPT] Get More Storage by Relocating Dalvik Cache!

This will not work on lollipop as mentioned in the first page of the post. Use the restore script to restore your device back to normal. You might need to use a custom recovery for this. Ask me if you need any help.