Recent content by sobvan

1. S

Post Honda Connect Android System

OF.095.01.1103 is RC7, you can go ahead with the iRoot method for installing Honda Permissions app.
  2. S

For me it was safe, but anything can happen :) For the cable: Please note, that the connector on the Head Unit is not a normal micro USB-B connector that you are used to with phones. This is a quite rarely used micro USB-A connector. Originally I used this 2 cable method because first I tried...
  3. S

How stable is it on RC8? For me on RC7 waze (the newer one that can be downloaded from cmdroid.com) freezes every now and then. What I noticed that it consistently freezes when I try to report anything (like police, etc..)
  4. S

Hello irsta, this rebooting happens to me also sometimes. I think it happens if you press the 3 buttons too long, or maybe in the wrong order. Anyways, this is not a hard reset, simply a reboot. It takes some time, but it does not block anything. Just do not remove ignition key while the unit...
  5. S

Thanks k1000dbw, it took just about half an hour to install waze on my CR-V with RC7. :) On the other hand, I am still looking for a way to disable VSP completely. It is not realistic, that I will do a 20-second procedure of disabling VPS after each start or reversing :) I think It would be...
  6. S

Wow, best news today. I'll definitely try this as soon as I find some time - :)
  7. S

Way to connect to ADB on a Honda CR-V 2018 Europe version with "screen opening" HU I received a question about this. I thought it might be better to clarify it in public. IMPORTANT: this only applies to the exact model I have (2018 CR-V Europe version (Hungary) with NAVI, Android 4.0.4...
  8. S

I will try to contact S_Mike. Good idea. I am a little bit short of time right now, but as I realize, that maybe I am closest to solve this within this community, I will try harder to find some more time. Personally, I find it quite annoying, that Honda does not do any meaningful development...
  9. S

Unfortunately, I cannot, as /etc is owned by root. If I not absolutely must, I do not want to root my HU :) I will try to find some more time to figure out how this whole install security really works.
  10. S

Hello, I received the cable. It works indeed for connecting with adb. Unfortunately, it is still not that easy. adb install HondaAppCenter_A1.apk results in Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_VERIFICATION_FAILURE] I also tried adb shell settings put global verifier_verify_adb_installs 0 which gives...
  11. S

I tried the USB ports inside the middle armrest console. I used a USB-A male to USB-A male cable. With "allow debugging on USB" turned on ADB did not see anything connected. Then I dismounted the unit from its place and did not find any hidden connectors on the back. :) I have, however, found...
  12. S

Hello weliglah, there is the solution to your problem (actually mentioned 2 comments up in this thread) in another thread. With 4.2.2 you are lucky ;) see here: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3621582
  13. S

Thanks for replying, tdiman. I am afraid it is not the same hardware. I have developer options enabled, I could also access all (I think all) hidden menus of the HU, have not found anything related to USB mode, but I will check again, thanks for the tip. On the other hand, the Europe version is...
  14. S

CR-V 2018 Europe - headunit removed I have removed the Head Unit, but did not find a regular micro-usb connector in the back. I have, however found something that looks like a micro usb-a connector on the front, bellow the cable that connects the screen. My version opens the screen, when you...
  15. S

Keep trying to install Waze on CR-V 2018 Europe version (RC7) Hello Guys, I am desperately trying to install apps on my new Honda CR-V 2018 Europe version. This has RC7 on it from the factory. I tried updating the firmware to RC6.1. It actually seemed to be updating, but after the process, the...