Recent content by societyragdoll

1. societyragdoll

Post YouTube Vanced MicroGVanced non root lost casting to Chromecast

Same issue here, glad to know I'm not the only one. My bf has the same issue too. I'm on Note FE and he's on LG G6, both Oreo I think. We've been running an older version of Youtube Vanced (non-root) I think, so I install the new version of it and the MicroG apk but that didn't help.
  2. societyragdoll

Post iOS emoji without root ?

Unfortunately not, I threw in the towel and rooted in the end.
  3. societyragdoll

Post iOS emoji without root ?

It worked for me but it applies a generic font style for the alphabets, letters etc. Is it possible to use a specific font style for all characters and have the non-samsung emojis as well? For instance, Rosemary font with iOS emojis.
  4. societyragdoll

Thread How can we unlock the Sony DPT-S1 to run android?

To preface this, I have no skills in software development. In short, I am absolutely clueless about this. My experience is limited to rooting and flashing custom roms on my personal android devices. I am aware that Chinese hackers have managed to run android on this device but charges a fee for...
  5. societyragdoll

Post Google Camera with working portrait mode V8.2

Can you switch off HDR + indefinitely? Everytime I reopen the app, it's on again.
  6. societyragdoll

Post [SM-N935F/DS] How to flash TWRP & Root with Magisk (Int. Ver.) [Pie Updated]

Does anyone know if Secure Folder can be somehow enabled? I managed to do it on my rooted S7 Edge , but with dark lord rom and some sort of kernel. I'm guessing this isn't possible on this rooted stock rom?
  7. societyragdoll

Post [HELP]TWRP for Note FE ( N935F ) custom binary(RECOVERY) Blocked ( Not bc of FRP )

Happy to report that everything went fine, I'm finally able restart and apply changes no problem.
  8. societyragdoll

Post [HELP]TWRP for Note FE ( N935F ) custom binary(RECOVERY) Blocked ( Not bc of FRP )

I don't really know but as far as I can tell it just prevents you from meddling with the binary as long as its state is 'prenormal', and I think it's got something to do with the later Samsung Note series with dual sim capabilities but apparently some newer, lower end Samsung phones also has...
  9. societyragdoll

Oh golly, I would like to for the sake of just knowing, but I'll waited long enough for it to go wrong again! :P I might try it if I wasn't the first tester or if this was just a spare phone haha
  10. societyragdoll

Well after rooting I can actually use the phone now, it does start up and set up properly. But I have switched off wifi at the moment, fearing that restoring all my apps will somehow trigger a reboot or shutdown. Because the last time I did it, almost all apps were restored except for a few...
  11. societyragdoll

On the 7th day (yesterday) I tested the phone but was still greeted with the red line, I was hoping it would go away on its own. So this time I flashed the original firmware again but with HOME CSC instead of CSC hoping that would keep the run time, and thank goodness there was no prenormal...
  12. societyragdoll

So yesterday ( 7 days since reflashing original firmware), I noticed the bock was lifted (so I'm am sure restrictions are lifted after 7 days at most, nothing to do with updates), and I successfully rooted it again after formatting. I didn't update the binary, only installed apps as per normal...
  13. societyragdoll

Just yesterday 26 Dec, I checked my phone in download mode and the Prenormal State was gone. I didn't check it everyday but frequently enough after all my updates on 17 Dec to know that the block isn't due to not updating certain apps. To my knowledge it has something to do with time. So I...
  14. societyragdoll

Thanks for the tip will update if it goes away eventually with time and if I am able to successfully root it after.