Recent content by sow07

1. S

Post [MODULE] Microsoft Intune Company Portal Hider (Intune Hider)

I followed the instructions above and was able to get it working with DenyList (Canary Magisk) on a Pixel 6 Pro. It's not so scary once the background of how it detects root is understood. Thank you bad monster for the insight! So for those a little unfamiliar with Magisk Hide or DenyList...
  2. S

Post [APP][ROOT/NONROOT][OFFICIAL] AdAway v5.12.1/ v6.0.0b

zgfg laid it out pretty accurately. In searching threads for the error I got with AdAway, the recommendation was to enable Systemless hosts in the settings menu. I did that and saw no message regarding a reboot needed. AdAway still failed. I tried the reboot just in case and voila, it...
  3. S

Post How To Guide May 2022 firmware is out - Unlocking the Pixel 6 Pro bootloader & central repository of relevant links

Just went through the process of rooting on the Pixel 6 Pro. Most of the instructions previously discussed are valid, but as others noted, I needed to flash the Magisk (Canary) rooted boot image instead of booting once and letting Magisk Direct flash it. That must have worked for someone at...
  4. S

Post [APP][ROOT/NONROOT][OFFICIAL] AdAway v5.12.1/ v6.0.0b

I just had this issue on my Pixel 6 and it resolved after rebooting. It appears Magisk requires a reboot after enabling systemless hosts. I don't recall it saying that anywhere, but it appears to be the case. AdAway now works properly.
  5. S

Post [ROM] theOne5TOS [OxygenOS][AROMA]**Open Beta 3-A10**Stable 9.0.11-PIE**[05/19/20]

Ok, I just did the (dirty flash) upgrade from 8.x to 9.x (OB24) and hit some friction, so wanted to throw in some advice to those doing the same thing. First off, it's imperative you don't flash the v9.91 of blu spark until after upgrading to 9.x. The first page instructions don't spell that...
  6. S

Post HTC One for $29 (Upgrade or new) this weekend

You rock! Thanks so much for running this down and saving me (and undoubtedly others) $100!
  7. S

Post HTC One for $29 (Upgrade or new) this weekend

Awesome deal, but not yet complete HTC One (Black) purchased through Wirefly F&F for $119 today. I followed the aforementioned steps and got the $100 trade-in showing. If I select the "Continue" button (given the following verbiage: "You can click Continue if you've purchased your new HTC...
  8. S

Post [APP][CAB]OneDialer - Google Voice Internet SMS and Dialer

I tried the registry change to disable the dialer skin. Upon the first call, OneDialer intercepted after a brief connection (the receiving end got a single ring) and then the call option box came up. On the second and subsequent attempts OneDialer didn't intercept at all. I'm leaving...
  9. S

I disabled SPB shell and retried. It worked better but still acted like there was a race condition. Specifically, I went into the dialer's history and selected a number to dial. The native dialer came up and started to dial (said "connected"), but then got interrupted by OneDialer which...
  10. S

Same here with HTC Mogul and also running SPB mobileshell. If I had to guess as to what was happening, it feels like the OneDialer app is relying on the processor for an interrupt or callback, but the processor is already pretty busy running the shell and other apps. On top of this, maybe the...