Recent content by speedingcheetah

1. speedingcheetah

Post Generic android set top box guide(i have a great many questions)

i just picked this QFX ABX-12 cheapo ATV box at Menards on Clearance for $20. Pretty much what i expected, pos china thing. the rom that is on it is ancient android 7.1 from 2018. update does not work. came searching here on XDA to see if maybe someone had easy way to root/re-flash this model...
  2. speedingcheetah

Post Video Player that support filter/post processing effects

What u mean "never works correctly". What device and source file are you playing? By default, it should work just fine to play pretty much anything. Works fine on my Pixel 3 If u fuss with the settings, and your devices does not support those settings, or the hardware is not strong enough, then...
  3. speedingcheetah

Post Video Player that support filter/post processing effects

WOW....really...reply to 2yr old thread.....mods will probably ban u for that....they very picky here..... And your very wrong...... Discovered over a year ago...no thanks to anyone here on XDA.....that MPV player app has everything u can set via its .conf file. Sharpness...
  4. speedingcheetah

Post [APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

Has this been checked on and fixed yet? Q beta 5 has been out for a bit now and last i tried, it was a crash fest trying to get Vanced and MicroG account sign in to work... MicroG - For YouTube 14.21.54 and up 0.2.6.17455 5/30/19 White/Black 14.21.54 5/30/19 armeabi-v7a/arm64-v8a/x86 pixel 3A...
  5. speedingcheetah

I have Q Beta 5 on a Pixel 3a. YT Vanced works fine (14.21.54)....if I don't install Microg package (0.2.6.17455) non root. If i install MicroG, I get Youtube Vanced keeps stopping app info, close app, however, Vanced does sometimes open in the back ground fine, but u cant use it. Remove MicroG...
  6. speedingcheetah

Post Chromecast Support Please!!

Dont care about subtitles.... I know of VLC...but it is an ugly app and not as good player as MX, imo.
  7. speedingcheetah

Post Chromecast Support Please!!

Why is there no native Chromecast support for this app...the best video player app for Android. Many other video player apps have it, but I cant stand to use them. So you can cast with the built in Screen Cast/Mirroring on the phone, but that is not good for video at all, as it is laggy and of...
  8. speedingcheetah

Thanks for update. :D Greatly appreciate it! Thats exactly and all that I was looking for and asking for. A post from a proven part of the dev team. Unfortunately, I have tried that and it did not resolve the notification issue on Pie on my Pixel 3. Good insight as to what is causing the cast...
  9. speedingcheetah

Its not stated every time....but it is on 9.0 Pie that notifications are broke..at least for me and many others. The current Vanced app version on my old Nexus 5x with is on 8.1 work fine.
  10. speedingcheetah

" The updates now are based on more factors...updates are done if and when needed." So....a broken main feature....that is broken on release of new app version, is not a thing worth considering pushing an update for?? If it was only a week since the last version, fine...give the dev time to...
  11. speedingcheetah

Whose demanding? It is just surprising that 2 major features are not fix after all this time. Vanced using is frequently updated. There is no fix for notifications. it just doesn't work. I dont use cast, but many do. so it would make sense to fix both in the next release.
  12. speedingcheetah

Still no update to fix notifications and Cast? Last version was added 12-21-18. 13.50.52 Also MicroG says it us added 1-1-1900???[COLOR="Silver"]
  13. speedingcheetah

Yea. I would think an option to always force "fit to Screen" would be easier to implement a , Play to external player app, feature, like Emby has. Where it will stream the video to say, MX Video Player Pro, that has plenty of video resizing options, among other things.
  14. speedingcheetah

I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any notificaitons lately. My old Nexus 5X has an older version of Vanced and I just fired it up, and tons of notifications, several jut for the last 2 days, none of which have shown up on my Pixel 3.
  15. speedingcheetah

Read a page back or the OP...it is working as intended. You have to buy the YouTube Premium Subscription in order to download videos for offline use. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78441301&postcount=7531 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78441767&postcount=7533