Recent content by Startropic1

1. S

Post [HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Magisk doesn't see a ramdrive with the boot image, suggesting I have to go the recovery route.
  2. S

Chipset is MT8163A. I used the temp root utility you linked to. Was able to identify the partitions, which were at /dev/block/platform/soc/####0000.mmc/by-name/ From there I used CAT command to save a copy of recovery partition as recovery.img on /SDCARD/ (I also did the same for the boot...
  3. S

Post Amazing Temp Root for MediaTek ARMv8 [2020-08-24]

This worked for me on a Vankyo MatrixPad Z10 (MT8163A chipset), and I actually unlocked the bootloader before this. My dilemma now is getting proper root from here and/or TWRP/Magisk. Any suggestions OP?
  4. S

I was able to save stock boot.img and recovery.img files. However when trying to port a TWRP custom recovery to this device, I descovered that my stock recovery.img is missing • meta_init.rc • meta_init.project.rc • meta_init.modem.rc and the only fstab is fstab.enableswap so I think I have...
  5. S

I've made a little progress in that I have unlocked my bootloader. The thread you linked to suggests it only works with older versions of Android. My tablet is running Android 9. I have not been able to find any stock roms, but I did e-mail Vankyo support. I have also identified the chipset...
  6. S

I have a Vankyo Matrixpad Z10 tablet running Android 9. I am trying to root it but first I guess I need to build a TWRP recovery.img. How can I backup my stock recovery (without being rooted since I guess I need to do this before I can root.) developer options is enabled, USB debugging and...
  7. S

Thread Rooting Vankyo Z10 Tablet (Android 9)? (And maybe flashing custom rom?)

I just got a Vankyo Z10 tablet running Android 9, and I'm looking to root it (and/or maybe install a custom rom depending on what is available.) I have already enabled developer options as well as USB debugging and OEM unlocking, (the latter being possible suggesting I should be good to go to...
  8. S

Post "Friendly" root method for lg k8 and k10 [MTK]

When I try to boot into fastboot, the phone does reboot, but it goes back to the home screen as normal. When I use the fastboot command it doesn't show any devices. (I think I need to install the SDK stuff.) Do I really have to do the TWRP step to root the phone?
  9. S

I downloaded CPU-Z and apparently my phone uses a Qualcomm GPU. I take it this means I'm currently out of luck with the TWRP step of this thread's rooting process? From CPU-Z: Bootloader: unknown Build ID: MMB29M Kernel version: 3.10.49-g051379e (1626617965) Model: VS500 (m1v_vzw) Board...
  10. S

Yeah, I used KingRoot on the tablet. So is there a root method for this phone that won't wipe my data? LG K8 V (Software VS50012A) running Android v 6.0.1 I'm downloading KingRoot now, we'll see if that works... Edit: It didn't. :(
  11. S

I have an LG K8 V , software version: VS50012A When I got the phone developer tools were already unlocked, & I have debug ability. Can't I root the phone without losing all my data? I already rooted a generic android tablet, and I don't recall my data getting wiped that time.
  12. S

Post Help Needed Removing Adware/Self-reinstalling apps/media

I do have root, and I successfully removed all the pre-installed malware, (and the files causing them to self-reinstall.) I've done full reboots since the removal and they haven't self-reinstalled so all seems to be well. For reference here's the guide that helped me...
  13. S

Thread Help Needed Removing Adware/Self-reinstalling apps/media

I have a generic android tablet running Android 4.4.2 with the Atom shell and there are some apps and media files that I keep removing that keep reinstalling themselves, and there's something that keeps spamming ads on my screen. One thing is doing full screen ads and when check the screen...
  14. S

Thread Malware: Fake "Settings" App Keeps Reinstalling Itself

I have a generic android tablet running Android 4.4.2. There is an app that keeps reinstalling itself on my tablet called "settings" which is obviously not my real settings app. When it's installed I do get ads popping up occasionally. The icon ins a green triangle, (more like a baseball...