Recent content by swangjang

1. S

Post Question Is MDM lock easy to be removed?

I recommend buying new from a retailer, not second hand. You never know if someone's trying to scam you and if something goes wrong, too bad. But if you buy from a retailer, you have consumer protection. My country doesn't have google store either so I bought from a retailer.
  2. S

Post Question Is MDM lock easy to be removed?

I've never heard of a "google lock" but it's likely a stolen phone they're trying to pawn on marketplace. MDM is controlled by the company IT admin and the "reset every 24 hours" is one MDM policy to prevent unauthorized use in the event it's lost or stolen. MDM cannot be bypassed and can only...
  3. S

Post [Video][Tutorial] How to enable 5G for Unlisted Countries on Pixel 4a(5G) and Pixel 5 using QPST.

Oh that explains a lot. I forgot about the possibility of SA and NSA. This method will only work for NSA because the nature of NSA 5G connection piggybacks on top of an existing 4G connection and this method only force-enables that capability. Standalone 5G requires the phone to know the...
  4. S

Post [Video][Tutorial] How to enable 5G for Unlisted Countries on Pixel 4a(5G) and Pixel 5 using QPST.

Hey, are you using any magisk modules that also modify cellular connectivity? If so, it may conflict with the QPST method. Uninstall any cellular modifying magisk modules, reboot, take out sim, insert a different carrier sim, insert your sim back then try this method again. (the inserting a...
  5. S

Post General March 24 Update Arrived

Oh interesting. This is definitely useful information. I don't ever hide the magisk app so I would've had no idea this could be an issue.
  6. S

Post General March 24 Update Arrived

I'm using normal magisk v27 and works fine for me on March update.
  7. S

Post Question Static noise with USB soundcard

Try using an external USB C to 3.5mm DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) like this one ugreen DAC for the phone. It could just be some weird unknown incompatibility between the phone and the soundblaster. So your final setup would be: Phone <- USB C to 3.5mm DAC <- AUX cable -> soundblaster -> car
  8. S

Post Themes / Apps / Mods Play Integrity Fix Next

Using a 3rd party app, it says that my device fingerprint is So if I just change the last 2 digits "48" to "49" or any other random number sequence, is it now considered a custom fingerprint?
  9. S

Post Themes / Apps / Mods Play Integrity Fix Next

Question: Why does passing Play Integrity / Safetynet require a "working" fingerprint? I thought a fingerprint was just the device's way of saying, for example, "I am Google Pixel 7 running Android 14" to Google servers so that the correct OTA update or compatible play store apps are delivered...
  10. S

Post Question I there a way to install 32 bit apps on Android 14? [SOLVED]

SDK target is referring to Android versions, not 32bit vs 64bit. Here is the tutorial you're looking for https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-magisk-zygote64_32-enabling-32-bit-support-for-apps.4521029/ Disclaimer: It says you need to wipe the device once.
  11. S

Post Question Failed integrity / SafetyNet check after OTA update [SOLVED]

I'm using Play Integrity Fix module latest version 12.2. Works on my device. A14 Nov patch.
  12. S

Post Question DSU ( system update) always says up to date

I haven't used Pixel Flasher because I'm used to my method so I'm not sure but upon quick reading through their main forum page, it seems pretty straight forward. It's probably easier for people who use that regularly.
  13. S

Post Question Question about data loss at rooting

Once you've unlocked the bootloader (that requires a wipe), there are no more wiping required to root. Rooting the Pixel 7 is done by patching the init_boot.img file and flashing it to the system using fastboot. This can be done infinite number of times without wiping. If you somehow lose root...
  14. S

Post Question What does this icon mean when connected to wifi?

I installed AOSP Mods an hour ago and played around with the settings. Upon toggling the "Combined signal icons" in the "Status Bar" settings, I got that icon show up too and the cell signal icon disappeared. Seeing that you have AOSP Mods installed and don't have the cell signal icon, I'm...
  15. S

Post Question Htc u11 type c headphones not working

Could you check Developer Options and if 'Disable USB audio routing" is toggled on? If so try turning it off. If it's already off, then not sure.