Recent content by swangjang

1. S

Post [VIDEO] How google blocks 5G for unlisted countries (explained)

That's great news! Also, that chargie usb thing I told you about a while ago, I received the item and have used it for a few days. It works well and the app has an auto plugin detector. But I still prefer having the software control because it would be a hassle to carry that usb everywhere I go...
  2. S

Post [Video][Tutorial] How to enable 5G for Unlisted Countries on Pixel 4a(5G) and Pixel 5 using QPST.

Hi, unfortunately I'm not sure if it will work on custom roms.
  3. S

@mindyabiznis So I updated my phone to the May update and looked for charging switches. Despite what I told you previously, don't trust what the terminal tells you when you do "acc -t". What I found was that ElementalX kernel v1.07 and Cleanslate kernel v1.8.1 adds a charging switch called...
  4. S

It's my pleasure. Good luck with all the flashy flash!
  5. S

It's still in shipping. Will probs take another few weeks because everything coming into my country takes a long long time. I will definitely give an update once I try it out.
  6. S

Hey no worries! I'm just a dude sharing what I learned and discovered. PM me or use whatever method. I don't mind at all. To answer your question about advanced charging controller, I posted this a month ago that worked for me...
  7. S

Post Activate Volte om Pixel 4XL - Android 11 R

Even if someone does get a hold of your device, I don't think it will be easy to retrieve files. The internal storage is encrypted so cable transfer requires the phone to be unlocked and TWRP requires data format.
  8. S

Post Activate Volte om Pixel 4XL - Android 11 R

Some do, some don't. Best thing is to ask the developer of the ROM first, but I wouldn't risk it at all. You can permanently brick your device by locking bootloader if the ROM doesn't support it.
  9. S

Post Finally , One Module-unlock 5G-Volte-VoWIFI

Really hope they add global carrier support like IOS, the one thing Apple did perfectly that Android is lacking. I still have very low or zero expectations for my country, though.
  10. S

Post [Video][Tutorial] How to enable 5G for Unlisted Countries on Pixel 4a(5G) and Pixel 5 using QPST.

China uses a different type of network technology than the global standard. This may be why it doesn't work for China.
  11. S

Post Status Bar icons merging into a dot, how to fix?

Try this mod: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-magisk-android-11-addon-features-for-pixel-devices-pixel-5-thread.4246253/ This will install an app called "Rom Control". Swipe from left to open menu, go to "Miscellaneous" and there is an option called "Show more notification icons". I...
  12. S

Post New Pixel 5 - want to enable Hotspot on Verizon (without their limitations)

You can use VPN Hotspot. But I think you need to use a real VPN service alongside it.
  13. S

Post How to decrypt Android 11?

Pixel 5's lowest OS version released is 11. TWRP is not fully functional on Pixel 5 Andriod 11 yet.
  14. S

Post redmi note 9 pro max bricked....

You may get better help by posting on the phone specific forum here https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/redmi-note-9-pro-max.10221/
  15. S

Post [KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R1.8.5/S2.8.6 |Gamma|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|S2S|FingPr [13Jun]

I also installed 1.8.3 on April update, Android 11. Multiple reboots and it's working fine. However, there is a minor personal issue. I like to use Advanced Charging Controller App to limit charging to 80% for the best longevity of my battery. Up until kernel version 1.8.1, I had a charging...