Recent content by szty0pa

1. szty0pa

Post Everything Huawei Y550 - Root/CWM/TWRP

Happy new year indeed! :)
  2. szty0pa

Uh-oh. The good news is that the bootloader works still but the bad news is that the flash in your phone is indeed physically corrupted/unstable. At the moment it seems the bootloader lock is activated with a probably random key because of incidentally flipped bits. I don't know what to do...
  3. szty0pa

It is actually not that difficult, only tedious. Integrity checks are not enforced in our case, at least I never saw working example of it in case of custom ROMs. (I don't actually know how could we make it work? Probably one should calculate a checksum of the image and sign it cryptographically...
  4. szty0pa

I haven't noticed any decrease in performance between stock and current LineageOS. There are even local calendar entries - though you have to decline linking your google account every time you start the integrated calendar app... For example this could solve the issue. As far as I know @fwiep's...
  5. szty0pa

It looks the same as mine. :) I don't know what a few of them stores exactly, the linked thread did not mention them either. On some older routers there used to be a partition called 'art' which were believed to be storing calibration data. I think on the Y550 there is no such thing, or if there...
  6. szty0pa

Sorry i was away from home today. So first things first: checking out the partition map of Y550 i think there is no calibration data stored so it should be safe to overwrite all of the eMMC. (If you issue "ls -la /dev/block/platform/XYZ/by-name/" you should see the names of the partition. More...
  7. szty0pa

I see! So you have the whole eMMC imaged then. I think the first megabyte or so would be enough to kickstart it. I will try to check the partition map to find out which partion stores what. (Trouble is that there might be calibration data somewhere which would be best kept intact if possible.)...
  8. szty0pa

Sorry to hear that you didn't succeed at first try - it needs a lot of experience and some luck to do so, but don't give up so easily, you are about halfway there! :) Modern ARM devices are almost impossible to "hard-brick" (by modern I mean ARMv7+ which Y550 certainly is)! (As a side note I...
  9. szty0pa

Thank you for your work as always! :) I would suspect that your bootloader is corrupted. (So it might indicate NAND failure...) Were you able to restore your phone to a working state? If not i think the way would be to extract the full raw disk image from a factory update file (especially the...
  10. szty0pa

pndwal: No worries. :) Sorry I don't know android well enough yet to dare to give advices, I only know linux. (And I don't really trust tools like Apps2SD, Link2SD to do dangerous things to my storage, more so I don't know what they exactly do. I trust the command line only for these kind of...
  11. szty0pa

fwiep: Oh, I see, a VM is not a good option in your case then for sure. But you don't need the separate Debain system just for building android images either (if you don't use it for anything else - Debian and Ubuntu have very similar codebases anyway), it might be enough to shut down the GUI...
  12. szty0pa

Thanks a lot for keeping up the great work! Happy to hear that your build system is working again. On a side note have you considered running both distros in say a KVM-based virtual config instead of dual-booting yet? The downside is that you have to use the same kernel for both distros but you...
  13. szty0pa

Hello, I might be able to help you out with the black screen freeze. For me it was the GPU tuning that caused it, so you can run and use kernel optimization tools and tweak the settings, but leave the GPU settings alone - unless you really know what you are doing - and you should be alright...
  14. szty0pa

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [TITAN]

daywalk3r666 FYI, just found this: https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/740
  15. szty0pa

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [TITAN]

I'm not that big rom-juggler, if this is the biggest issue, i'm happy with this build. But thanks for the suggestion! :) Wow, i have never seen a proper key used in any of these roms! really looking forward to see it! :) \m/