Recent content by T-Macgnolia

1. T-Macgnolia

Post [GUIDE] LG G STYLO How to root the T-Mobile 6.0 update

Updated the guide to show steps to properly use Kingroot to root successfully.
  2. T-Macgnolia

I have read some conflicting posts about the Boost mobile model. Do you know if fastboot oem unlock works on the Boost mobile variant?
  3. T-Macgnolia

I will add a warning saying Kingroot is still really unstable. I have not tried it as I do not want to have to go theough the process as it would take at least a hour or two to fully test it and restore a backup of my current set up. Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
  4. T-Macgnolia

Well unless you or someone else can find a exploit that will achieve root. Then this is the best way. This is the same way you root nexus devices and since it is Android 6.p the is being rooted by the SuperSU.zip then it is a systemless root also. I have got to be honest here and I am not trying...
  5. T-Macgnolia

Oh so you flashed back to complete stock using t2hw kdz file. Since you did that you will have to start all over again. Which means you will have to fastboot oem unlock again as the kdz file relocked your bootloader. If you follow the steps in the guide you should be fine. Just make sure to have...
  6. T-Macgnolia

It almost sounds like you did the fastboot oem unlock command after you flashed the SuperSU.zip. But from the feed back I am getting I would think that was not possible as users have said they had to fastboot oem unlock to get recovery to boot. Anyway the fastboot oem unlock is what factory...
  7. T-Macgnolia

This would not work because you still would need root to push thesu binaries to system/bin. Now it might be worth trying that while you have TWRP installed as it has access to the system and has root. But if you need to use the TWRP to beable to push the su binaries why noy just flash the zip...
  8. T-Macgnolia

Hmmm looks like maybe fully unlocking the bootloader enables all fastboot commands. You can try downloading and installing Kingroot and root with it as the posts here comfirm it will root the update now. Or just u lock the bootloaderb but your device will be reset if you do.
  9. T-Macgnolia

Are you trying to use the fastboot boot recovery.img command?
  10. T-Macgnolia

My apologies as I made a typo in the guide. The correct command is "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" to flash the recovery. I will fix this along with another rework about putting the SusperSU.zip only on your SD card. I do not know if you can use it or not as I do not have that device...
  11. T-Macgnolia

Thread [GUIDE] LG G STYLO How to root the T-Mobile 6.0 update

This guide was made before Kingroot was able to root the official update. But thanks to oskar and TheDerekHarper on XDA and to josephwv on Android forums it is now comfirmed that Kingroot will root the official update. But first you must still follow steps #1 through #6 so Kingroot can root your...
  12. T-Macgnolia

Post [ROM][DEPRECATED][CM12.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG G Stylo [H631 and MS631]

Finally Official Android 6.0 It is finally here. The Official Android 6.0 update for the LG G Stylo for T-Mobile and Metro PCS. Android Police article here.
  13. T-Macgnolia

Post [DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery

How so I know developers that have samsung devices and the make recoveryimage command works fine for them.
  14. T-Macgnolia

Post [DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery

Use this command to just make recovery. Replace "devicename" with your device name. . build/envsetup.sh && lunch cm_devicename-userdebug && make recoveryimage if your are building with cm. . build/envsetup.sh && lunch omni_devicename-userdebug && make recoveryimage if you are building with omni.