Recent content by talontsi07

1. T

Post No WiFi

I suggest updating to a stable release I am running the most current version with virtually no problems http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxysmtd&type=stable Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  2. T

Post Experiences While Travelling

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1969741 This is an interesting read in general but if you skip down to "Airplane Mode Toggle" talks about how toggling the airplane mode will reconnect to the best possible tower and why it may not have been initially. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  3. T

Post [Q] How can I unbrand my Surround?

Interesting, link? Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  4. T

You can't change the string to unbranded because it doesn't exist. Thats what I have read. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  5. T

Post [Q] HTC surround / help me to decide if i have to upgrade a new ROM? or not?...

What carrier are u with? Go to settings in Zune and check for updates. It should just pop up when u plug it in but since its not try that. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  6. T

You cannot unbrand the Surround. This is because the other devices you can buy as unbranded but the Surround is only available threw carriers. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  7. T

Post [Q] audio books

You might be able to find them using TouchXplorer. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  8. T

Post [Q] HTC Surround Device Reg Key

What do you mean by "device registry key" ? Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  9. T

Post Invalid sim card error

Im not 100% on this but imagine Telus uses the ESN number to block it. Changing this number is illegal in Canada but I know it could be done on my old HTC Diamond. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  10. T

Post [Q] GPS

Map pro or Bingle are ok, just look threw the marketplace and try some out. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  11. T

Post [Q] HTC surround / help me to decide if i have to upgrade a new ROM? or not?...

Future ROM updates may increase performance it depends on what kind of fixes they have made. As for Custom ROM's, a well put together ROM will typically improve performance but decrease in reliability. Looks like you haven't got the pre-nodo update, its 7008 were yours is 7004. Sync your...
  12. T

Post [Q]Where to find an HTC Surround silicon/gel case

Look into Invisible Shield. Basically they sell a screen protector that covers the entire device. I find its softer and grippy. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  13. T

Post [Q] HTC surround brand new / AT&T / argentina

There is no custom ROM's for the Surround. Sent from my Surround using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
  14. T

Post [Q] Hard Reset Instructions Needed (No Display Available)

I used Windows Live "Find My Phone" to Hard Reset it also I believe you can do it from Zune also.
  15. T

Thread [Q] Hard Reset Instructions Needed (No Display Available)

If someone could post detailed instructions on how to hard reset (via vol up/dwn/power buttons) the surround it would be much appreciated. What I am looking for specifically is were the instructions say "Follow the instructions on screen" My display is not working but I would like to hard...