Recent content by TamCore

1. TamCore

Post [ROM][(UN)OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

Might be, because I already did it yesterday, shortly after 16.0 was announced. I would bet, at that time, there weren't many complaints about problems in this thread ;)
  2. TamCore

My LineageOS 15.1 setup is encrypted using "default_password", the way Android does it by default. So, I didn't put in a passphrase myself and I didn't fiddle with any of those disable-forceencryption-hacks either. So in my case, LineageOS 16.0 seemed to be unable to decrypt my data, using the...
  3. TamCore

If you don't set a password by yourself, Android (not LineageOS) uses "default_password" as the default password. Also, it should be noted, how the encryption works under the hood. Even though the password is "default_password", that's just the password that's used to unlock the master key...
  4. TamCore

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

That's just a minor update. The codebase is mostly the same. So I'm pretty sure even dirty flashing 8.1 on top of 8.0 will work fine. It's not the officially supported method, but it'll work. On a side node: Even official OTA updates from Google, etc don't come with a special update routine.
  5. TamCore

As always. But as the unofficial builds and (hopefully someday) later the official builds are built from the same source, a dirty flash will work without any problems, if the unofficial build was based on an untouched source tree.
  6. TamCore

No real difference I'd say. Did some testing with the build environment and didn't want to throw away perfectly fine builds. At best they might be a few commits apart from each other, but that shouldn't matter.
  7. TamCore

I'm very impatient when it comes to waiting, so I've compiled my own build. Based on the official lineage-15.0 branches, in combination with the android_{device,kernel}_moto_shamu and proprietary_vendor_motorola repos from elektroschmock. Everything else is untouched. Just in case anyone might...
  8. TamCore

Post [ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

At least there is a wpa_supplicant running. And wpa_supplicant's standard behaviour is (iirc) to use the strongest network, at least as long as there is no priority set in wpa_supplicant.conf.
  9. TamCore

Post [ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

Little feature request: For those of us who use their Chromecast in different places it would be nice if we could edit /data/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf via webinterface. So it would be possible to use the Chromecast in different networks without having to reconfigure it each time :)
  10. TamCore

Post [ROOT] HubCap Chromecast Root Release!

Little hint for those like me where it looked like the Teensy did it's stuff, but flashing failed: Release the button on the Chromecast immediately after the Chromecast's LED lights up. When the Teensy starts blinking it could be too late (which was my problem during the first dozen of tries)
  11. TamCore

Post bandwidth hog solution

In theory you could root it, SSH into it and limit the wifi datarate.
  12. TamCore

Your Teensy will start blinking as soon as it starts working. Make sure, your OTG-cable is removed from any power supply Attach your Teensy and your ChromeCast to your OTG-cable Hold the ChromeCast's reset button, plug-in your power source and release the reset button as soon as the Teesny...
  13. TamCore

This post showed me what I was doing wrong. But now I'm stuck at the step where FlashCast should flash my ChromeCast. It's doing something (the ChromeCast gets very hot after some time), but shows nothing on the screen and isn't doing what it's supposed to do. Even when I reboot my ChromeCast...
  14. TamCore

Already tried a few different usb sticks. Same result. Even after a dozen of tries my ChromeCast is booting it's unrooted firmware without any problems.
  15. TamCore

It's "doing" it's thing now for more than 30 minutes. I don't expect that there'll be a positive result in the next hour :x