Recent content by thankyouxda

1. T

Post Note 9 Unlocked Oreo 8.1 (flash Android 10 modem ?)

I was able to flash pie baseband (modem) still on bootloader 1. Jus flash the CP only from the firmware package. Slightly better signal. Call recording still works (with less volume compared to Oreo) for both Google Voice and regular line using Boldbeast.
  2. T

Post [APP][4.1+] JINA App Drawer, App Organizer, Sidebar & Folders

Thank you. I was thinking just importing the db on the new phone and restoring will create icons in the Jina drawer from which I can install the apps in the Play Store. I've realized it doesn't work. But got the l the folders and tags to transfer over. Best app drawer app BTW.
  3. T

Thread Note 9 Unlocked Oreo 8.1 (flash Android 10 modem ?)

Hi Just bought a Note 9 (USA version) running Oreo. I've flashed to the final version of Oreo. Next up is Pie. Signal is a bit weak compared to my Note 9 running Android 10. Is it possible to install only the latest modem from Android 10 or even Android 9 (via Odin, from sammobile firmware)...
  4. T

Post [APP][4.1+] JINA App Drawer, App Organizer, Sidebar & Folders

Hi, Jina is a key app for my use case. Possible to transfer back up from one phone (Note 9) to another phone ( Note 9 also) ? I tried backing up the db from phone 1 and restoring on phone 2 . Did not work. Also, how about transferring from one model to different model phone, like Note 9 to...
  5. T

Thread N960F/DS on T-Mobile without root. How is it working out?

Hi, Considering getting an N960F/DS for T-Mobile and T-Mobile MVNO sims. Anybody with T-Mobile/MVNO sim on stock ROM having a great experience (LTE/VOLTE working) or does it sill require CSC alteration with root/custom ROM route? How is the data speed? . Is it good enough for Google Voice...
  6. T

Post N9600 Wifi Calling & VoLTE enabled without root!

This is seriously great news. I've been planning to get a dual sim (exynos / snapdragon) so that I don't have to carry 2 phones (currently Note 9(960U1) and Note 5. One on T-mobile and another one on Mint mobile. Would you please do a speedtest (speedtest.net app) on LTE/Data and post the...
  7. T

Post Moving to the Note 10?

Please convey our concerns to the Product guys.:crying:
  8. T

Samsung need to bring a version of the Note with the same dimension as Note 5 without the raised edges. Just keep it same as Note 5. Keep the notification led. Include all the latest specs and micro sd card slot also. No hole punch. Call it Note "pocket" or something. Call the other one Note...
  9. T

They need to keep the notification led and the bezel and front camera same ans Note 9. Then introduce 3 sizes. One same as Note 5 , another same as Note 9 or a bit smaller and another one whatever further giant size they want to bring out. Include a backpack for the third version since it won't...
  10. T

Hi, I still have a Motorola Spice (slider android with physical buttons) from 2010 . It turns on and runs. and phone calls work. Also Moto G from 5-6 years ago. As always YMMV. ---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ---------- If Sony continue to keep the...
  11. T

Think I'll be going with LG or Motorola in the future based on the path Samsung is taking with the Note series. Hope they start increasing the RAM size to 6, 8 and higher. Considered Oneplus but it has no sd card slot and their phones are getting even bigger. Need to wean myself of the S-Pen...
  12. T

Thread Help pls: Toggle full screen off on all apps on 960U1 Oreo.

Hi, Unlocked version Oreo (not going to PIE since it affects call recording and whatever else it changes). N960U1UEU1ARL1. Some of the apps cannot be toggled of for full screen apps. Option is greyed out. I like having navigation buttons around all the time not hindered by full screen. Any...
  13. T

Post Ergonomics (in-hand feel)

I am okay with the weight for the sake of the battery but the size does not help. Think this will be my last Note for a while forward.
  14. T

Agree on the Note 7 being the last proper sized Note device. Just got a Note 9 since my Note 5 stared shutting down randomly. It is huge and heavy and tall. Only reason I get Note series is for the S-Pen. Getting rid of notification LED,headphone jack and adding hole punch on display is an...
  15. T

Post Ergonomics (in-hand feel)

Note 5 (note 7 not counted) was the last proper sized Note. Note 9 is too long. 170 grams vs 201 grams on Note 9. No need to guess where the buttons are (home,back,recents) since they are permanent on Note 5. At least we have some bezel and led notification which I hear will be gone in the new...