Recent content by Thatgrass

1. Thatgrass

Post [warning] Magisk is a bad idea for Mediapad X2 root method

I would not get you hopes up. With a problem called HCU client I was able to show my IMEI on the PC with my phone connected in manufacturing mode. For restoring/editing anything an account is required, but you can shoe it there. I don't know for sure about DC unlocker.
  2. Thatgrass

Post IMEI - one or two?

For the NCK issue, use DC unlocker, create an account when buying 4 credits, put the phone into manufacturing mode (via the dialer menu, find a DC unlocker guide). Comfirmed to work, but I'm afraid that IMEI is lost forever
  3. Thatgrass

Post [warning] Magisk is a bad idea for Mediapad X2 root method

Hey there! I'm here to back this story up. I tried to Flash Magisk on B206, but I lost my IMEI as well. Connecting it to the computer still shows the IMEI1, but in the settings is shows 0000000000. On top of that, I had to deal with a sudden SIM lock. This was fixed using DC unlocker and paying...
  4. Thatgrass

Post [ROM] [6.0] Simply International B207 [2-1-21]

audioralf ajsmsg78 DC Unlocker did the trick. I still don't know how, or why, but I'm back on a working B005 stock for GEM701. Thanks for all your help!
  5. Thatgrass

Sorry to spam the forum, but I flashed back to stock GEM701L 005, but I still cannot use a SIM card, it always asks for an unlock code. How on earth is this possible... Do you have any other clues of what I can try to revive my X2? Thanks in advance!
  6. Thatgrass

Well, that is unfortunate :p I'll give it a shot though! Thanks :)
  7. Thatgrass

I tried to swap SuperSU for Magisk, but ended up screwing my phone, which is now asking for a SIM unlock code, even after a factory reset and a restore of a backup before the problem (with modem). I am really lost here. Anyone has any idea? I'm up for anything :p
  8. Thatgrass

Thread Sim Unlock Code/Perso code after B206 flash

Hi there! So today I flashed the new Simply International B206 on my original GEM701L which was running Lineage. I immediately got asked a 'Perso code'/sim unlock code after I unlocked my sim with its password. It is a code for sim lock, while in my country and where I bought the phone there is...
  9. Thatgrass

Post [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [7.1.1] [BETA] LineageOS 14.1

Hi AJ and all, First of all, have a great Easter! Back to the ROM: I've been using it for two weeks on my GEM-701L, but I'm sorry to report the GPS falling asleep as well. It worked for the first 24 hours or so, but now it stopped working all together. I did a clean wipe from the Chinese...
  10. Thatgrass

Post [ROM] [6.0] KangVIP Slim B230 (12/28/19)

I have been running the KangVip V3 before AJ created this rom. With that I deleted all the Huawei/Honor bloat I was never ever gonna use. I never had any GPS problems with this rom, where I did have them in other versions of AJ's Kangvip. As he mentioned above, removing some of the Huawei apps...
  11. Thatgrass

Post [ROM] [6.0] KangVIP Slim B230 (12/28/19)

Go into the recovery and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache, this should solve the bootloop.
  12. Thatgrass

Post [ROM] [Unofficial] [6.0] CyanogenMod 13 for X2 by gaguga

Okay, so camera is working. What about battery life? A few pages back someone noted that battery life was poor.
  13. Thatgrass

He means he'll flash the rom when the camera has been fixed :p
  14. Thatgrass

You can try to charge the device to 100%, then reboot into recovery > advanced > wipe battery stats. This can also resolve the issue.
  15. Thatgrass

Can you check whether the device is entering deep sleep or not? There is an app for that in the play store called CPU Spy I thought it was. Correct me if I'm wrong.