Recent content by thats_the_guy

1. T

Thread Question Any way to properly install OOS Camera on ROMs it's not pre-installed?

At this point, there are several ROMs with OOS camera, and a few without. The ones without, there are camera versions you can install but they don't have the auxiliary cameras available. At least not on EvolutionX. I can't seem to find any way to make them work either. I've tried several app...
  2. T

Post Development [ROM][11]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 9 Pro OFFICIAL V43 Updated April 6, 2024

Great to know, just finding the time to flash and restore is what's holding me back, but will try it out soon
  3. T

Post Development [ROM][11]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 9 Pro OFFICIAL V43 Updated April 6, 2024

I'm interested in flashing but want to know about the locked bootloader feature. I'd seen that it's been a possibility for some time but not sure I've understood what I've seen about it, and you say it is a donate feature. Does that mean we need to donate, then get a flashable file that would...
  4. T

Post Question Can you for help me to find perfect tempered glass screen protector for this phone ?

Any LOCA screen protector is worth it, but you'll have to have se patience installing. I like matte protectors so I use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0957SJBMM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  5. T

Post Development [ROM][13][OFFICIAL] AncientROM-TexasCake 7.4 [lemonadep]

I don't know enough about Android to know if this will be it, but might be related to Android WebView, and what I'd do is in Chrome (or whatever app is providing WebView if you customized it) put chrome://flags/#force-color-profile and force it to sRGB. In apps with their own native web...
  6. T

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogg][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x

Found my first issues. Cannot install Magisk modules through the Magisk app, and TWRP decryption doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if the issues are related, but the Magisk issue seems related to the kernel and it's ability to process different file formats. Interesting enough, Substratum...
  7. T

I think this has to do with display calibration. I have the screen color shift on certain Netflix content, and have seen this before. It's applying a filter to try matching the colorspace of the content. There is a fix but I can't think of it at the moment
  8. T

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogg][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x

Super happy to see some development on hotdogg again, and one of my favorite ROMs no less. I just hope to get regular updates unlike everything else (besides Carbon 8.0, not even 9.0), but am super happy to find everything working, unlike some of the one off ROM builds on here. So far, no...
  9. T

Been using for a couple days on the new update, so far so good. Still doesn't have the double tap power for camera working though, which I thought would be a simple fix. But new features working good, like my new volume slider looking nice.
  10. T

{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted} I don't like waiting either but it just how it be sometimes. Still better than the horrid release cycle of official OOS on my 7t pro 5g
  11. T

Post Question Standard oxygen OS or magisk and lineage ROM?

Haven't seen a no touch issue before. Well I'd try another factory reset inside TWRP and flash again, I believe 9 and 9 pro are unified for cr but also make sure you got the right zip. If that doesn't work, OOS 11.2.7 is the newest full zip file you can download from OnePlus, maybe try flashing...
  12. T

crDroid is the best I've used in terms of reliability, though I've been hearing EvolutionX is just as stable and on similar update schedule, and has even better customization, but I can't give full recommendation as I've only used on an older phone. But definitely had better experience with...
  13. T

Post Question Device Driver is Unavailable?

I prefer using Linux because there isn't this problem, but my most recent experience with this on Windows, I had to have phone plugged in, go to Windows settings menu, go to system updates, and check for optional updates. The proper driver was there for me and likely will be for you too
  14. T

I used lineage for awhile and can say that battery life will be better, device will perform well, and background apps are more reliable, but I just prefer other ROMs over lineage, it's too basic in terms of customization and OOS is better in some ways. You'll give up the OnePlus camera app and...
  15. T

Post Question Camera problem/ twitching

Assuming the laser isn't at fault, I'd say there's likely defective hardware, multiple parts it could be though. You could try the gcam mod app and see if that helps, if it were better there, then we would know its software and not hardware, but that's unlikely given the problem.