Recent content by TheAH

1. TheAH

Post [ROM] G900T_PE1-6.0.1 Stock Rooted Deodexed ROM (5/24/2016)

You can flash an unrooted ROM and it will not trip Knox, however flashing the pre-rooted version will trip Knox. But I think it's worth tripping Knox unless you need it for work related apps ;)
  2. TheAH

Post Screen on time

I'm also getting only about 2hr 30m. I'm not sure why - I use my phone mainly for Reddit/studying for exams. My signal is pretty good but even then standby time is crap. I don't use Greenify or anything to close apps.
  3. TheAH

Post Google didn't release android N developer preview for Nexus 5 :(

To be fair, the Nexus 5 is an aged (albeit extremely well) device which Google will probably drop support for either this year or the next. I had a Nexus 4 last year and I felt the same way - we didn't get the L or M previews. Last year, an attempt was made to port the M preview to the Nexus...
  4. TheAH

Post USB Type C Tri-Port Car Charger

If you've got any more, I'm down!
  5. TheAH

Post [ROM] [STABLE] PopWiz Telstra v5.1 Final Marshmallow Themed [G900F/M/I/L/K/T/S/W8]

No, the S6/N5 use different drivers that aren't compatible with our camera. And I doubt Samsung would ever officially update the S5 camera so Camera 2.0 API is never coming to our device :(
  6. TheAH

Post [M][6.0] Frank N4 - CAF based soon - [waiting]

Hey sykopompos, sorry you have to deal with all of this. I guess it's part of the nature of XDA with people not completely reading up on what they are asking about. And I know it can get frustrating - I work with students at my school (I'm a high schooler) and it's frustrating when students...
  7. TheAH

Post [ROM] CyanogenMod 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | [12/27/2015]+Nightlies

Off topic, but could someone go to the video in which the guy showed off the 6.0 Marshmallow leak and ask them to try to post a dump on XDA?
  8. TheAH

Post Leak android 6.0.1 g900f

I really hope this is a very early version, because the leaked firmware is basically Lollipop S5 with new icons... Hopefully the guy who received it cooperates in providing a ROM dump instead of trying to sell his phone.
  9. TheAH

Post [UK] Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Beta Bug Thread

FWIW someone on reddit posted screenshots with the Material Dark theme. I don't have an S6 but was just an observation I made, so I'd say yes. But not all themes are compatible yet.
  10. TheAH

Post [ROM] CyanogenMod 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | [12/27/2015]+Nightlies

You don't have to but it helps if you see any bugs due to a dirty flash.
  11. TheAH

Hey warriorofice, are you trying to get GPS working? Try this: make a full backup of your CM build on TWRP, then flash any TouchWiz ROM (debloated or not). Then make sure GPS is on, as in location services are set to the highest option (don't know off the top of my head). Run Google Maps just...
  12. TheAH

Video recording isn't working in Google Camera. When I swipe right, nothing happens and then it says Cannot connect to camera. Stock kernel.
  13. TheAH

Great! I'll give it a shot. Does Pacer use the hardware step counter or does it use the accelerometer/gyroscope? Also, why do you think Google Fit doesn't accurately work? Is it killed on screen off?
  14. TheAH

Post ROM[06/04] [G900F/M/I/K/T/S/W8][5.1.1] V6.0 REVOLUTION S5 (S6E +NOTE 5) Xposed

How to access ServiceMode on this ROM For anyone wondering how to get into the ServiceMode menus: Install Shortcut Master (Lite) from the Play Store. Open the app and hit "More" (or Menu) and choose Secret Code Explorer. Find the code you want to run (such as 0011 for the regular ServiceMode)...