Recent content by TheFixItMan

1. TheFixItMan

Post How to increase music volume?

You can try directly editing the mixer_paths.xml yourself Use a file browser browser with root access Find vendor/etc/mixer_paths.xml You will need to research yourself what values needs changing to increase volume I have included the stock mixer_paths.xml below - you could try simply...
  2. TheFixItMan

You can adjust the gain in the settings to make it louder etc
  3. TheFixItMan

If your phone is rooted (I assume it is) try using Viper4Android magisk modual Also read this post if you use it https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-viper4android-miui-12-magisk-21-1.4203489/
  4. TheFixItMan

Post Missing back-up/phone locked/weird sd-card behaviour

Twrp backups do no backup personal files - This includes music pictures and documents. These must be backuped up yourself to a pc, external device or the cloud. TWRP backups do backup the following for example System - your current rom Data - apps and their data of your current rom, phone...
  5. TheFixItMan

Post I can't share files through Mi Share on my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, how can I fix this?

And that's probably your issue - you've removed something that app depends on to work Use a 3rd party alternative as I've suggested above
  6. TheFixItMan

Post I can't share files through Mi Share on my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, how can I fix this?

You may not have removed mi share but have you removed other Xiaomi apk as one app may call upon another service. You seem to have a lot of problems using apps & if you are restoring backups from other devices never restore system apps or apps which are proprietary to the old phone. Also just...
  7. TheFixItMan

Post MIUI Global (EU) beta Android 11 build released

12.5 update is expected late Q2 - that's any time from now until end of June although more likely end of June as second batch of devices have only just started receiving an update in China. Obviously timelines subject to change.
  8. TheFixItMan

Post [ROM][EXCLUSIVE?][LINEAGE] Mint-OS - Lineage with extra Mint

Most likely corrupt zip - download the rom again. Open it with winrar or 7zip on pc for example and make sure it doesn't give you an archive error when extracting contents.
  9. TheFixItMan

Post [ROM][11] Project Sakura [gauguin] Mi 10i 5G/ Mi 10T Lite/ Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G [OFFICIAL]

Flash the required fastboot stock rom firmware/vendor image then flash the custom rom You need to be on the correct firmware version first
  10. TheFixItMan

Post [ROM][11] Project Sakura [gauguin] Mi 10i 5G/ Mi 10T Lite/ Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G [OFFICIAL]

Chances are you have not got the correct base stock firmware/vendor If this is based on Android 10 firmware you need to flash that first Same for if its based on android 11 firmware Note a custom android 11 rom can be based on stock android 10 firmware so don't get confused! If you are on...
  11. TheFixItMan

Post All my music and pictures on my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite is randomly removed all the time, how can I solve this?

Sounds like you have Google drive set to delete local files after sync or something similar. Check the sync settings. I don't use it so can't tell you where any settings are. You'll have to look through your settings
  12. TheFixItMan

Post All my music and pictures on my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite is randomly removed all the time, how can I solve this?

Create a folder in the root directory (not in any other folder) of your storage In this folder create another two folders - one for music & one for pictures Move all pictures & music to these folders This will eliminate sync from apps deleting anything as they shouldn't have access to these...
  13. TheFixItMan

Post Trying to install latest TWRP on Moto G5 gives error (bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits

Download stock firmware from below link https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/cedric/official/ You want the latest retail version Put phone into fastboot mode These are the terminal commands fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader...
  14. TheFixItMan

Post Trying to install latest TWRP on Moto G5 gives error (bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits

As clearly stated on my twrp thread. To use newer versions you have to temp boot to twrp Or use an older version if you want a permanently installed twrp twrp-3.5.0_9-0 I think is the latest version you can flash rather than only being able to boot.
  15. TheFixItMan

Post MIUI Global (EU) beta Android 11 build released

I expect all resources have gone into the development and rollout of MIUI 12.5