Recent content by theGeekyLad

1. T

Post [TOOL] Unblod - Fix your Nexus 5X that's in the bootloop-of-death

Motorola logo? Also, try holding down the volume down button as it loops. At some point in time does it boot into fastboot?
  2. T

Post LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 STABLE FINAL

I don't believe my eyes! This device from the stone age has literally been resuscitated with this ROM. A huuuuuge thanks to the dev. <3
  3. T

Hey, sorry for the extremely tardy reply but I wasn't around. Hope you've gotten a new phone by now as there's no DIY workaround for your problem.
  4. T

Sounds like it can be imputed to the kernel. Don't think you need this yet.
  5. T

Post ROM ❯ PIXEL 2 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Sweet fix dev, but were those Google updates server side or on the phone? I don't remember seeing any app updates.
  6. T

All of a sudden today, out of the blue, SafetyNet fails ctsProfile. Basic is intact though. https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide indicates that the event of only ctsProfile failing while basicIntegrity being true could something got to do with the ROM. Any thoughts on this? Anyone...
  7. T

Hey, great work! Just flashed onto my Pixel 2 now and everything looks good. I've just got a few doubts here - 1. In what aspects does it borrow hardening from Graphene? 2. If privacy is key then why are Gapps installed as system apps? 3. The privacy statusbar tile is super handy to know who's...
  8. T

Post Default Resurrection Remix Rom Ringtone

I'm looking for what was called the CVE Resurrection Remix ringtone bundled with their ROMs back in 2015-16 ! That was a gem and I sadly can't find it on the internet. :(
  9. T

Post Signing boot images for Android Verified Boot (AVB) [v8]

Fast-forward to 2021 and this doesn't work on my Walleye. Flashed Resurrection Remix and followed this process to the letter to sign boot_a.img and boot_b.img. Flashing it back, locking the bootloader and booting the device leaves me with the following message - ERROR: Slot Uunbootable: Load...
  10. T

Post Yet another android tablet as a head unit

Quite in consonance with what I've been wanting to achieve. Nevertheless, the plan was frustrated by other priorities. Would love to see how this emerges. Meanwhile here's a basic experiment I've tried.
  11. T

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Thankfully my Pixel 2 shows an evaluationType as BASIC only. I'm on it's last EOL security patch with an unlocked bootloader and no root. I stumbled upon a post by someone here who penned that the evaluationType on their Redmi unexpectedly turned from BASIC to HARDWARE_BACKED. Does it mean that...
  12. T

Post My experience so far with Bliss OS on a Surface Pro 1 device

That's great! But does screen lock / sleep mode work?
  13. T

Thread [APP] [TOOL] Replay.it - Record and replay gestures and button presses (root)

HelloWorld, hope you guys are taking on the Corona crisis safely. :) What started off as just means to kill time during the lockdown back here in India, eventually showcased some potential that deemed necessary an XDA post! So here it is, a practically end-to-end Android automation tool that...
  14. T

Post [GUIDE] How to build a Project Treble GSI ROM from source? [31/08]

I'm building a stock AOSP GSI right off the pie-gsi tag. Everything's fine but for in-call audio. It's like, it doesn't even beep when it's connecting right before it starts ringing and for that matter, no ringing tone either. Absolutely no in-call audio. I'm building for a Walleye (Pixel 2)...