Recent content by theking_13

1. theking_13

Post Not getting this "awesome" battery life??

Not getting this "awesome" battery life?? I meant brightness, too many ideas at once haha. I'm posting actual pictures in a second, and will keep the phone running while I'm at work. It has to do with a Samsung "feature", I've turned off most of them from settings. Next will be...
  2. theking_13

Post Why shouldn't you buy a Galaxy S6

1) It's not difficult to Google or look up YouTube videos on how TouchWiz operates. 2) See #1. 3) Agreed, for some reason the S6 and S6A have a huge drain that limits the screen on time to about a third of what it should be. 4) "...like double-tap to wake or sleep or anything like that and...
  3. theking_13

Post Battery Life Discussion Here

Is 6 hours of SOT supposed to be an achievement on the S6? What's the average time you guys are getting? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. theking_13

Not getting this "awesome" battery life?? Yes, this is due to less CPU usage and videos/movies are not almost entirely white. I looped a couple of YouTube movies and left the S6 Active running all night at 50% brightness with only wifi on. I woke up, 8 or so hours of SOT, and the...
  5. theking_13

http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-active-battery-life-test/ The One X, S3, LG G2, and iPhone 6 & 6S web browsing results were great representations of what I could expect as far as smartphone battery goes. I've had more phones than I can count, but those were the ones I kept the...
  6. theking_13

Their web browsing test is a more realistic expectation, which is why I said 12. They got 16 hours, which I don't doubt, but this phone draining comparably to a 4+ year old HTC? Not at all impressed. I have screenshots where I tested their results vs actual daily usage and they were very close...
  7. theking_13

That's what I'm talking about. I used to freeze basically all non vanilla processes back in the G2 days with Titanium Backup, how can I freeze the Exchange server? It doesn't show up under "Applications" in settings. Currently on 6.0.1. Sent from my S6 Active
  8. theking_13

Post Battery Life Discussion Here

I'm on a S6 Active, but I realize we all have pretty abysmal battery life. I don't see how you guys are complacent with 3-4 hours of SOT, I used to get 5.5-6 back in the original HTC One X days, and about 4.5-5 if I left data on the whole time. My LG G2 used to get a solid 8-9 hours too...
  9. theking_13

How much SOT do you get? I lose about 6% per hour if I watch videos on wifi, however I lose 1% every 6-7 minutes if I'm using my phone for anything else. What system process is killing the battery? There's no reason I shouldn't get over 12 hours of SOT from daily usage. Sent from my S6 Active
  10. theking_13

Post [Bounty 2/23/16 $1000] ATT S6 Active root

Put me in for $20, I have 6.0.1. Sent from my S6 Active
  11. theking_13

Post [Bounty 2/23/16 $1000] ATT S6 Active root

Is that why ATT forced me to update to 5.1.1? I bought the phone and 24 hours later it updated on its own. Sent from my Galaxy S6 Active
  12. theking_13

Same here. I "upgraded" from a 6S on the premise of much better battery life and waterproof without the need of a LifeProof case. So far I'm getting about the same, maybe less life out of it than my iPhone. I've been out of the Android game for almost 2 years, what can I do to fix this? Based...
  13. theking_13

Post PLEASE HELP total noob and bricked my S6

First of all, did you read everything before rooting your phone?