• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Tianhe

1. Tianhe

Post MAGISK MODULE ❯ Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.0

Edxposed causes safety net failure, try using Lsposed instead
  2. Tianhe

Post SM-T295 - Finally rooted tablet!! (updated 19-March-2021)

Try using a SIM Card with cellular data while booting the device. After the device registers with Samsung servers the KG prenormal state will be gone
  3. Tianhe

Post [FASTBOOT] [jasmine] Xiaomi Mi A2 FASTBOOT Images

Check out Universal GMS Doze on Github. It's for Google services though; there used to be another for app optimization but I can't remember it now.
  4. Tianhe

Yes, I have heard of it and from what I understand broadly it helps in app optimization after an update. Doesn't the relevant magisk module do the same thing i.e. optimization of apps before and after the update ? (This is only for magisk users though)
  5. Tianhe

While coming to a conclusion about specific battery drain is hard even if one uses apps such as better battery stats, you can get a fair idea if battery drain in there in an update. I can say this because generally people do not tend to install a bunch of new apps/modules after a security patch...
  6. Tianhe

Indeed it's an effort to use rooted phone with magisk. It is a constant game of cat & mouse of hiding root from some apps and passing safety net. The best course of option for me now would be to use 2 phones - one with root/magisk/riru/lsposed etc. The other i.e. A2 will be on stock with locked...
  7. Tianhe

Was on a rooted build earlier, shifted to ppui. Had to use too many hacks/workarounds with magisk to hide root for some apps. Thinking of relocking bootloader and running fully official build now.
  8. Tianhe

Considering that A2 is at EOL now and support / updates have ceased, which is the most stable firmware/build to remain on ? Opinions are welcome to arrive at a consensus on the most bug free build for using the phone as a daily drier
  9. Tianhe

Yep, Magiskhide itself is enough to hide permissive SELinux for passing Safety Net, unfortunately it cannot hide this status from some apps which then assume that the device is rooted.
  10. Tianhe

Can the MomoHider module hide the SELinux status too i.e. if its permissive ?
  11. Tianhe

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Works with upgraded firmware and updated TWRP too in most of the cases (as it did in mine) but I get your point.
  12. Tianhe

Yes it is not the recommended method now but still works on many devices. I used it on Samsung One UI 3.1 (Android 11) recently and it worked.
  13. Tianhe

Maybe not the answer you are looking for but if you have TWRP available for your device than you can simply boot TWRP for installing Magisk ?
  14. Tianhe

Just to randomly butt in - Edxposed causes safety net failure even with universal safety net fix / MHPC enabled. One of the reasons I had to shift from Riru+Edxposed to Riru+Lsposed.
  15. Tianhe

Post [APP] [FIX] 100% working Viper4Android for Android 10-11-12 devices

The first method works for me on SM-T295 on Android 11 (One UI 3.1). Rooted with Magisk 23.0 and SELinux remains enforcing. In fact, probably because I have debloated, just installing the V4A apk is enough. No modules are required to be installed or disabled. Maybe an occasional crackle /...