• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by tintn00+xda

1. T

Post How To Guide [GUIDE] Root Pixel 5a "barbet" with Magisk

That's a bummer. Guess there should be a disclaimer about going from Android 11 to 12. Good thing everything is backed up.
  2. T

I tried the same thing on my wife's pixel 5a as well. Same errors. I selected factory data reset and my phone boots up fine. Guess I had to reset my phone anyway, despite this guide. Hoping I don't have to reset my wife's phone. It's currently stuck at boot, but I can get into fastboot.
  3. T

I got my phone back into bootloader and followed your second method via fastboot. I also arrived at the same error.
  4. T

I was on latest version of Android 11, rooted. I followed your third method using Android Flash Tool, and had both disable verity and verification checked. The Android flash tool says I may disconnect the phone. The phone is now stuck during boot, saying cannot load android system, data may be...
  5. T

Post Question PIXEL 5a Stable Build Available

I haven't been able to permanently root android 12 without wiping my data. I'm not talking about upgrading from 11 to 12. I'm talking about after installing 12, I still have my data. Any attempt to permanently root 12 causes errors unless I wipe my data. This was detailed quite a bit in the link...
  6. T

Post Question PIXEL 5a Stable Build Available

I don't mind wiping data once. But if I have to wipe data for each update just to root, I'll stay on 11 for now until there's a better way to root
  7. T

Post General System root + Passed Safety Net Pixel 5a

Poking around in this thread, it seems that android 12 root is a much more involved process, requiring factory wipe and additional steps. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-flash-magisk-on-android-12.4242959
  8. T

Post General System root + Passed Safety Net Pixel 5a

This method did not work for Android 12. I updated my rooted phone to android 12 OTA. It returned to stock. I followed the method above to patch the factory boot.img file with magisk. After flashing my phone in bootloader with the patched boot.img, my phone will not reboot. says: failed to...
  9. T

Post Question Pixel 5a Factory images

006 = japan 007 = US 002 = ? 003 = ? What are 002 and 003 factory images? They seem to be newer factory images.
  10. T

Post Question Pixel 5a Factory images

Is the factory image for 5a the same as 5a with 5g? I notice that there is a different set of factory images for 4a vs 4a with 5g.
  11. T

Post [Guide] Enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi OOS11

In step 4, I keep getting "Critical error. The operation has timed out."
  12. T

Post [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project (7T / 7T Pro)

Seems like the easiest way to upgrade is use local update in the settings, then re-install TWRP and then re-root with magisk.
  13. T

Post [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project (7T / 7T Pro)

Noob question. I'm using this TWRP. I also have installed stock package and rooted it in the past. There's a new OTA update from OnePlus. I've downloaded the entire 2.6 gb zip. How do I install it from this TWRP? It keeps saying error unable to install the zip.
  14. T

Post [GUIDE] How to Root OnePlus 7T without TWRP

Still didn't work for me. I ended up using the unofficial TWRP and rooted it fine.