Recent content by Tinyshy

1. T

Post G6 Bootloader info

If I can do it by simply ****ing around I'm confident someone can do more than me with enough time and knowledge. I'm not giving up either. I just honestly don't know what I'm doing. I do caution anyone who messes with this sort of stuff to dump a full partition level backup of your phone. I...
  2. T

Post G6 Bootloader info

No further luck but it doesn't matter. the boot loops have stopped and my changes are intact. h873 running dual speaker mod and adblocking hosts file. root, however, is not still functioning and my attempted viper4android install is in some weird instant reboot to bootloader limbo.
  3. T

Post G6 Bootloader info

After more screwing about I somehow relocked the bootloader and the key that worked before is now rejected. Any help?
  4. T

Thread G6 Bootloader info

Hiya guys! So, I've been plucking away at trial and error with my G6 (H873 Canadian) now that I have edl to fall back to and by using qdloader flashes to write my nand I have written my device with a hybrid of the pie beta 29a and an unlocked us997 aboot. after modifying the devinfo...
  5. T

Thread Samsung pay - country

Hi there, sorry to bother you guys but I'm trying to help my girlfriend set up her new galaxy s9+. everything is going great and she loves the phone, but we can't seem to get Samsung pay working. When the app is opened it asks for a Korean sim and boots you. is there any way we can get her...
  6. T

Post Lg g6 factory reset help?

Can someone please help me out here, I can't run system updates. I can't factory reset. I don't like being stuck in this scenario. It's functional day to day but not being able to reset sucks. Not being able to have the newest security updates also sucks.
  7. T

Post Lg g6 factory reset help?

The test points didn't trigger edl. Little help?
  8. T

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] switchroot LineageOS 15.1

Hey you guys. been toying around with android on my switch all day and I just wanted to share that I stumbled across something strange. when I swapped the switch into power saver with a 2.4A charger attached it began to detect it's charging state then crashed. only had it happen once. don't know...
  9. T

Thread Lg g6 factory reset help?

Hi, I've been looking to reset my g6 for awhile now but unfortunately factory reset fails every attempt and I don't have a valid download mode partition (borked it with lgup back when I was testing a root procedure) does anyone know how I can reset? I've been looking at the possibility of...
  10. T

Post LG G6 UnBrick (New Method)

Firehose exists for g6 now? Would this allow me to safely pry at LG's bootloader without permanent bricks? Would love to take it into my own hands but couldn't afford the risks before. I'm using a Canadian H873
  11. T

Post [ROOT] - HOWTO - AS993 (WIP)

I'm sorry but your device isn't officially supported by LG for bootloader unlocking and third party solutions aren't quite working yet. The dev who was working on this thread has called it quits after a tragic family incident so as of this moment there isn't much you can do (besides maybe pledge...
  12. T

Asking once in awhile is fine (although annoying) but I count nine comments in a row asking or complaining. You want to tell me how that's productive? I'm not trying to "attack" anyone. I've just seen this dozens of times. More than half the time I e watched the dev walk away from a project like...
  13. T

You guys are acting like children who can't help but ask "are we there yet" every five minutes of the road trip. He's done answering. Wait a little bit like mature adults won't you? Instead of whining that you've given up hope. You wanna see progress? Go donate to the lovely people who are...
  14. T

I'm sorry, what? did you just name drop a budget (low side of average anyway) 48mp Sony sensor to sound smart or.. did you have a point? The g6 isn't lacking in a sensor. it's the software driving it. try gcam, problem solved. Your pics look clearer and sharper on a lower definition display...
  15. T

Post Looking for stock xml files

I'm running an h-873 on Oreo. Not sure if the files are the same but I'll upload them when I'm off work.