Recent content by TJKV

1. T

Post TWRP 3.2.3-1 for Pixel Devices

I had a similar issue when I flashed the new 3.1.1.1 zip from fastboot booted 3.1.1.1 over the October release with a custom kernel. I had to simply reflash my kernel to boot into android, and this did not wipe away the flashed TWRP. This non-booting should not happen if you were on the stock...
  2. T

Post [ROM][Hammerhead][Official][2017/SEP/09] Slim7 weekly 1.10

I'd suggest that if you can get your head around the gapps-config concept, you do that method rather than using an apk you extracted, as it is a solution that will propogate automatically when you update or clean flash (assuming the gapps-config file is still present in the location of the gapps...
  3. T

Post [KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Using the standard Nexus adapter I got with the phone, I get a maximum of 1100mA as per the "Ampere" app. Over USB with fastcharge turned on in FkU, I get a maximum of 600mA from a USB3.0 port on my Dell laptop. But it would depend on the source and possibly the cable too. Old cables in my...
  4. T

Good news is that the google setup process does receive the 2fa code via SMS even without an SMS app, so that's not an issue. But to install the app from TWRP, I'd recommend copying the apk to the /system partition since you already have the apk on your sdcard. 1. In TWRP make sure system is...
  5. T

Post AOSP [7.1.2_r33]Nougat for Nexus 5 [NZH54D] [25/10/2017]

Yeah, looks like the server at 149.56.164.10 is down at the moment. But don't quote the whole first post to say that ;)
  6. T

Sure, now that I know Slim7 doesn't have an SMS app in /system, I will be doing just that. And hopefully others who have read this conversation here. But since receiving SMSes is one of the primary uses of the phone, it's a cleaner solution if the software ensures such a loss of service doesn't...
  7. T

Yeah I agree, I haven't used the aosp/default one ever since Google put theirs in the play store. But the issue I had was that my carrier sends me SMS alerts about missed calls when my phone is turned off or not available, Eg when I'm flashing a new rom (with my twrp backups taking close to an...
  8. T

I finally got around to wiping my phone and switching to slim7. Flashed beta 0.9 with the 20170202 opengapps micro, and looks like there is no SMS messaging app installed in /system. Is this likely a gapps error, where it wiped out the app while flashing itself, or is it not included in slim7...
  9. T

Post [ROM][7.1.2][STABLE][WEEKLY] Official Slim7 - Mako

"Works as intended", you could say ;) http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10/20/android-7-1-feature-spotlight-rotating-screen-navigation-bar-doesnt-move/
  10. T

Just for my future reference, where was the solution to this, as in which repo(s)?
  11. T

When you get the time for it, I believe Santhosh M has resolved that video recording issue in his AOSP ROM for our device. You can find his device & kernel repo at: https://github.com/sandymanu/device_nougathammer https://github.com/sandymanu/hammerhead_nkernel
  12. T

So after upgrading from 1.6 to 1.9, I realised it's quite easy to press the battery icon on the quick settings pulldown now. Earlier I would frequently end up launching Settings instead. Haven't had time to roll back and check what changed between the two builds, but I may do so if I find some...
  13. T

Sure thing. I'll upgrade to 1.9 weekly and send you a screenshot soon.
  14. T

Hey Yank! Hope you're doing well :) I'm currently on weekly 1.6, need to find the time to backup and update to 1.7 sometime. (Or is it 1.8 already?) Anyway I noticed it's a little difficult to accurately press the battery icon in the quick settings shade, the target is quite small and very...
  15. T

Post [KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Shameless post to claim post number 40000. Anyway thanks franciscofranco for your work on the N5. I'm still holding onto mine for another 4-6 months at the least as my primary device. Will then use it exclusively as a pen-testing device :)