Recent content by turl1

1. T

Post [Q&A] [DEVS only] Unpacking RAZR i boot images

I just tried that file you uploaded and it unpacked flawlessly with the unpack tool, what problem are you seeing more precisely? $ ./unpack ../boot.img bzImage ramdisk.cpio.gz $ file bzImage bzImage: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, version 3.0.34+ ([email protected]) #1 SMP PREEMPT...
  2. T

Post My .253 keeps telling me theirs an update. 253

Did you install a recovery? I've seen that happen with TWRP installed, I suppose it needs to be updated to .253
  3. T

Post [Q] Does anyone else NOT get prompted for a username and password with 802.1x EAP?

I don't have an i to test, but have you tried tapping on the "Show advanced options" checkbox?
  4. T

Post [Q] What do I need to know before I contribute to the porting of CM10 to RAZR i?

Download one (eg. Ubuntu) and install it on a virtual machine or computer and use it. Once you've browsed around the graphical OS enough and are familiar with basic usage (shouldn't take you long at all) use your google fu and learn basic commands, for example the ones listed here...
  5. T

Post [Q] What do I need to know before I contribute to the porting of CM10 to RAZR i?

If I were you I would start by using a GNU/Linux distro if you don't already, and getting familiar with using the terminal and building software manually. Then I'd learn C. x86 assembly can come in handy too, but it's not a must. Java is mostly irrelevant, unless you want to develop features on...
  6. T

Post CWM for RAZR i

Do they have an x86 updater binary?
  7. T

Post CWM for RAZR i

I have updated the first post with a new link, the recovery should be "4.2 ready" now :) As always, thanks to @mattlgroff for letting me remote-test on his phone!
  8. T

Post dev activity

Let's continue talking on PM then re. 2, I actually did need to patch build on AOSP after all :P. CM on the other hand, has BOARD_CUSTOM_BOOTIMG_MK from the tf tablets.
  9. T

Post dev activity

I'm playing a bit with AOSP 4.2 as I got some free time. This is what I found out so far: bionic needed no patches. I seriously doubt it needs any on 4.1 (CM) either as recovery built fine. build needed no patches either on both cases. dalvik needed a 4-liner to build on AOSP (makefile fixes)...
  10. T

Post dev activity

There's at least 10 device trees on the android-x86 project. And AOSP itself has a generic one, to build the x86 emulator platform. And I made a basic one to build recovery already, with support to generate the newer x86 boot image format. Just saying ;) PS: I don't own the phone either :p
  11. T

Post dev activity

You won't be able to build a full android system from that source. The most you can do is $ . build/envsetup.sh $ lunch generic_x86-eng $ make target Where target is something like out/target/product/generic/system/bin/bluetoothd or bluetoothd
  12. T

Post CWM for RAZR i

First post updated with a fresh build, now your backups will take a couple of minutes at most :good:
  13. T

Post CWM for RAZR i

I have updated the first post with the improved version for those who might want to try it :)
  14. T

Post CWM for RAZR i

I've made a new CWM touch build if anyone wants to try and let me know if it works https://dl.dropbox.com/u/553461/recovery-razri-try7touch.img If it doesn't, /tmp/recovery.log after pressing the screen and buttons would be appreciated :) You can get the file using adb pull
  15. T

Post CWM for RAZR i

I have cleaned the code fixes a bit to merge them on CM, can you guys try this one and see if it works as well as the one on the first post? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/553461/recovery-razri-try5.img I also built a CWM touch recovery if you fancy testing :)...