Recent content by UglyStuff

1. U

Post "Poor" battery life on a brand-new S20 FE (Android 12)?

I like the look and feel of MS Launcher, compared to others (I believe I've tried them all over the years...😂), even if I have to admit Nova is a close second. MS Launcher is a possible culprit, obviously. I may switch back to One UI to check how things are going, I don't know. I've just...
  2. U

I don't do games on my phone (in fact, I don't do games at all, period), but I think the AOD being set on automatic lighting could have something to do with my relatively poor battery life. I'll try to set it to a fixed brightness and see if it changes things, though the brightness scale is...
  3. U

Thread Involuntary screenshots of Samsung Call app dialer when the phone is in my pocket and AOD is on

Hi everyone, I've noticed that when my S20 FE 5G is in my pants front pocket, for reasons unknown, it takes screenshots of the Samsung Call app, when AOD is on. I haven't tried to disable AOD yet (I'll do that tomorrow), but has anyone noticed that, and do you know how to make it stop? I...
  4. U

Hi again! I've changed network settings to 4G and below since my SIM doesn't give me access to 5G yet, but battery life was still iffy. I then changed the network settings to something called "GLOBAL", and it's a bit better, though I don't know what that setting does exactly.
  5. U

Thread What is that small sensor in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the fingerprint reader?

Hi everyone, I'm still discovering things on my new S20 FE, and the last item to date looks like a small sensor in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the fingerprint reader, only slightly offset below and to the right of it. I can't seem to be able to post a picture of it...
  6. U

Hi, I've turned Auto brightness off. I'll tell you if it changes anything in terms of battery life. I've also set AOD to fixed brightness instead of auto. Thanks for the tip!
  7. U

Thread "Poor" battery life on a brand-new S20 FE (Android 12)?

Hi everyone, I got my new S20 FE just a few days ago, and I'm still getting used to it, but I wonder if having to charge the battery every day on average is "normal" or not. When I plug the phone into the charger, the battery is never flat. Rather, it's hovering at around 30%, and I usually...
  8. U

Post How can I update my S20 FE 5G on mobile data only?

Hi, and thanks for taking the time! It is indeed a US model I bought online from Rakuten. It works flawlessly on all the French bands (I live in France) and I'm very happy with it so far. Before that, I've had three Xiaomis (well, technically, two of them were in fact Pocos) and I always...
  9. U

Thread How can I update my S20 FE 5G on mobile data only?

Hi everyone, Finally got my brand new S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U single-SIM is what it says on the box) from Rakuten (a 6/128 for a little under 350 euros, for those who are interested), and it came with Android 11. It's now in the process of installing all the security updates, but I can't for the...
  10. U

Post Question Why does MIUI 13 (Android 12) feel so sluggish and generally-speaking slow on X3 Pro?

In fact, as several people here pointed out, it gets better after a few days of regular use. I suppose system and application caches need to be replenished and/or restored after the upgrade. Frankly, after a few months of using MIUI 13, I no longer have any issues. I'm going to switch to a...
  11. U

Post Question MIUI 13 (Android 12): Some apps require two taps on the Home button to close

THAT'S IT...!!! I suppose the apps activated Turbo Mode because I never did, or maybe it activated on its own when MIUI was upgraded, I don't know, but I just deactivated it and those apps stopped acting up! You, Sir, are a genius! :)
  12. U

Post Question MIUI 13 (Android 12): Some apps require two taps on the Home button to close

I think it's a JavaScript code that makes the app act that way. I found a post in Stack Overflow about it. I can't find it at the moment but there's a way to make apps act like that. Strange thing is, both apps haven't been updated since I upgrade to MIUI 13, which means there's something in...
  13. U

Hi, Sorry it took me so long to reply, it's been a busy couple weeks. The apps in question come from the same vendor, which is the public transportation agency in my home city in the South of France, Montpellier: This one gives all kinds of info on schedules, routes, etc... ...
  14. U

Thread Question MIUI 13 (Android 12): Some apps require two taps on the Home button to close

Hi everyone, My Poco X3 Pro switched to MIUI 13 and Android 12 a few days ago, and apart from some slowliness in the first few days, it's working fine now. However, I've noticed that some applications require my pressing the Home button twice before actually closing, and it's annoying as all...
  15. U

Post Question Why does MIUI 13 (Android 12) feel so sluggish and generally-speaking slow on X3 Pro?

I totally agree. I resort to factory reset only when necessary, with a gun to my head and a knife to my throat... :-) Let's give it a week or so and we'll see; After all, it's a big upgrade: new MIUI version + moving from Android 11 to Android 12. Time will tell, but I'm relieved to see it's...