Recent content by v12xke

1. V

Post [KERNEL] [September 8] Pixel 4 ElementalX 2.04 (Android 11)

This is a member search for Homeboy76. He has written many detailed guides. I suggest you use the P3XL guide which is the same. Member search: https://forum.xda-developers.com/search/12711737/ There is also a 4XL specific one by another user stickied at the top of the 4XL Guides , News...
  2. V

Post [KERNEL] [September 8] Pixel 4 ElementalX 2.04 (Android 11)

There are quite a few guides (stickied at the top) here on how to root your phone step-by-step. Homeboy's guide is a good one. Get rooted first and when EXKM is running rooted, it will install (flash) itself when you check for a new version. Remember when you first unlock you will lose all your...
  3. V

Post Is my pixel 4 xl rooted?

The ONLY way to root the P4XL is with Magisk and the Magisk app will tell you if you are rooted or not. If you don't have the magisk app, you are not rooted. If you have it, it will tell you.
  4. V

Post Is my pixel 4 xl rooted?

The ONLY way to root the P4XL is with Magisk and the Magisk app will tell you if you are rooted or not. If you don't have the magisk app, you are not rooted. If you have it, it will tell you.
  5. V

Post [APP][ROOT/NONROOT][OFFICIAL] AdAway v5.5.1

Yes. Just uninstall that version completely and start over with the GitHub version. I have never had an issue with the Github version updating itself, or crashing, ever.
  6. V

Post Factory reset has not restored Auto-Rotate, Active Edge, and the "ear sensor" when making calls

You did not provide the most important information we need- whether your phone is bootloader unlocked. Probably not, otherwise you would have already flashed it with a full Google image, which returns the phone to "out of the box" condition. You need to determine whether you can unlock your...
  7. V

Post Wireless Charging stopped working?

Late I know, but I found my old post. Plus gives you an opportunity to update us. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/erratic-wireless-charging-and-swollen-battery.4166637/
  8. V

Post Need to recover data - phone stuck in booting screen

No. Even unlocked and rooted we cannot write to the system partition anymore. Any luck on getting your phone working again?
  9. V

You would use fastboot to dirty flash a full image, removing the wipe flag (-w) from the flash-all script beforehand. This wipes and replaces the boot partition but leaves your data intact.
  10. V

Google was offering an extended warranty on battery issues. My phone was replaced with cross shipping because my battery had begun to swell and wireless charging stopped working. I looked for my own thread that included pictures I sent to Google but could not find it. I guess it was lost in the...
  11. V

At this point you may be lucky to recover your phone at all. It would be helpful to know how you got to this point. You started with the "rescue ota" method which is the last ditch effort for most to reflash a phone with a locked bootloader. Knowing what happened beforehand would be useful...
  12. V

MicroMod777 said: My wireless charging stops working sometimes. Anybody else have this problem? check very carefully for a swollen body. hard to see, but was most prevalent right at the volume buttons. the case was separating from the glass. at first wireless charging was intermittent, then it...
  13. V

Post After update security pixel 4xl " your device corrupt"

From the screenshot provided, OP's bootloader is locked, so he cannot fastboot flash ANYTHING. Within the stock recovery there is an option to flash a full OTA image via ADB from a laptop or PC. A recovery OTA is the only way forward in this case, and is dependent on whether he has a working...
  14. V

Post Rooting Pixel 4 XL inquiry

Just follow one of the guides is your best bet. Magisk is pretty user friendly for patching your own boot.img. There is a thread that keeps up with pre-patched boot.img files but you are better off getting proficient with adb/fastboot and patching your own.
  15. V

Post After update security pixel 4xl " your device corrupt"

Being bootloader locked, about the only thing you can do is flash a FULL OTA IMAGE available from Google's website and flash it from recovery using ADB. This procedure has also been called a "rescue ota". You cannot flash a full image via fastboot (because you are locked) but you can flash the...