Recent content by vangrieg

1. V

Post To late for Windows Phone.....

If anything, Microsoft is usually early into everything to the point of being way too early. Smartphones, tablets, smart TV platforms and devices, consumer cloud (few people know that SkyDrive appeared earlier than Dropbox), voice recognition, natural language computer instructions etc. They...
  2. V

Post Is Windows Phone suffering from Osborne effect ?

Paul Thurrott isn't Microsoft. He writes books so does get information under NDA early, and sometimes talks about it openly when there's a leak. Microsoft does leak info way too often, and even more so via Nokia lately. That's bad but it's not quite announcing. Mango was announced in...
  3. V

Neither is Microsoft. They haven't even so much as confirmed the existence of Tango and Apollo.
  4. V

Post Will WP7 devices today lose features when upgraded to WP8? I'm worried.

I didn't say that's what I think or believe. There hasn't been any official info on the upgrade path whatsoever. The only information was that WP7 apps would work on WP8. Which, come to think of it, doesn't say anything about current device upgradeability. The rumor is that there won't be any...
  5. V

Post Will WP7 devices today lose features when upgraded to WP8? I'm worried.

Who knows. But the only existing rumor that would give an answer to your query is that no single WP7 device will ever be updated to Apollo, so no features will be lost.
  6. V

Did he switch after you showed him what WP7 is? Who would do it for a customer who comes to a carrier store for an upgrade, and only cares about phones once every two years?
  7. V

Timing wouldn't matter at all if MS didn't have to rely on third parties (and these are OEMs and ISVs). When people mention XBox as an example of how MS can burn billions for years and then have a success there's a caveat - they can't sell phones unless OEMs make them, and we won't have great...
  8. V

The Osborne effect has nothing to do with it. Android sales would collapse with the announcement of ICS if it mattered. I bet 99.99% of the population has no idea about upcoming versions. WP7 is suffering from the fact that the world (carriers, OEMs, consumers) isn't dying to have another OS...
  9. V

Post Audiophile? Lumia 800?

Okay, I have finally replaced my unit and got one that has great audio quality. The difference is massive. It has the same hardware revision number and everything is exactly the same, the IMEI is different by about 700, so they have been built in the same production run most probably. There's...
  10. V

Post Xbox Live Companion App

What do you want to do with the app while the console is off?
  11. V

That's a great philosophy, but it's obviously not good for all users. Whether an update can fix anything or this is a faulty batch of phones is another question.
  12. V

I'm a Westone 3 user and the sound on my Lumia is beyond disastrous. I can totally confirm the GSMArena results. This was such a shocker to me when I first plugged my earphones I couldn't believe it. Some users though report that their sound is fine (although it's difficult to sort out people...
  13. V

Post Can you share the battery performance of Lumia 800?

That's what I expected. Thanks for checking!
  14. V

Post Can you share the battery performance of Lumia 800?

Nokia Russia claims that phones sold over here have the battery patch installed. I haven't used the phone long enough to judge, but I certainly don't have any dramatic battery life issues. I don't buy their story, but just in case, let's compare the software versions, shall we? My phone is...
  15. V

Post NOKIA Lumia 800 >>>YeS or NO?

There are two major and two minor issues I have with this phone. First is Pentile. There are two types of people - those who see it and those who don't. I do, so I was thinking about returning the phone at first. Now I'm sort of living with it, but still black text on white background looks...