• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by vesati

1. V

Post Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Did you disable the Ok Google on the system itself, or in the Google Maps/Navigation application? I had to disable it in the application to solve the issue. Also, are you on the latest firmware (the 10/25 firmware)?
  2. V

It's in the settings of the Google Maps/Navigation app itself. Look for the "OK Google" settings.
  3. V

I figured it out... Google Maps had "Ok Google" handsfree enabled by default. Same as the Alexa app or the Amazon Music app, if the app has some kind of handsfree voice detection enabled, it drops the audio to the low quality mode in that app. Disabling the handsfree voice detection feature in...
  4. V

I'm on the latest firmware (10/21), and while it has resolved the volume/audio channel issue for me on my Hyundai, the audio quality still drops out anytime Google Maps or an audio assistance is running. Is there any way to force an override so all apps use the same higher quality audio channel?
  5. V

Post DIRECTV NOW app for Shield TV?

Yeah, I'm done with DirecTV Now. It's been interesting trying to keep it working on my Android TV, but all the bugs, and the fact that it STILL isn't officially supported, and then the price increase... No. It's just not worth it to me anymore. Good luck to you all still hanging in there. I...
  6. V

Post [ROM] 04/10 ViperOneM9 6.2.0 ◦ Tweaks | HUB | Sidebar | OTA ○ 4.28.401.3

Looked at permissions, everything was set correctly. I found a thread for another phone, years old at this point, someone was having the same issue and did a profile update that resolved it. I tried that, restarted the phone, and I swear to god the issue is gone now. Sometimes I really hate...
  7. V

I have a quick question. I don't know if it is in any way connected to this ROM, but I can only make phone calls directly from the dialer app. If I try to place a call from the People app, Google Voice, or any other app that links the phone number to the dialer app, it will reject with a...
  8. V

FWIW, I was also perfectly happy on 3.5, and then I too had an SU binary update that hosed my phone. Suddenly, programs like Tasker and Secure Settings would no longer function, and I couldn't install any new apps through Google Play. I wrestled with it for a few days, wiping cache and Dalvik...
  9. V

No, you're probably right. I know the most recent MM firmware for my M9 (Sprint) is 3.41.something, but I know that's different for other carriers' M9 variants. If your current version is higher than what ViperOne ROM requires at a minimum, it might be worth trying to flash the newest ViperOne...
  10. V

For the 4.3 ROM, I think you have to update to whatever MM firmware exists for your phone. Being S-ON doesn't prevent you from updating the firmware on your phone. At worst, you would need to re-lock the bootloader on your phone, apply the RUU or firmware update, re-unlock your phone, flash the...
  11. V

Since you're s-off and unlocked, you'll need to manually flash your firmware update. If you're on a SPRINT M9, you can get the most up-to-date firmware to manually flash at his link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-one-m9/development/ruu-sprint-htc-one-m9-1-32-651-17-t3073355 If you're...
  12. V

I have apply settings on boot enabled (sorry, should have said that before). That's how the cores I have disabled stay disabled between reboots. But the Disable PNPMGR just won't stay enabled no matter what. I've already done three full wipes/reinstalls...don't know what else to try.
  13. V

Running 4.3.0 with a clean flash on my Sprint M9, and so far no major problems. I DID update to the latest Sprint 3.41 firmware first (re-locked the bootloader, did an RUU fastboot push, re-unlocked the bootloader, pushed the latest TWRP recovery, THEN ran the 4.3.0 ROM installer with a full...
  14. V

Post [ROM][Sprint] ViperOne 9.0.0 • Tweaks, HUB, Themes, Icons, OTAs and more

I'm also seeing this mysterious battery drain from Miscellaneous, and I can't account for it. I'm barely making it 6 hours off the charger before I start getting low battery warnings now.
  15. V

Post [ROM][Sprint] ViperOne 9.0.0 • Tweaks, HUB, Themes, Icons, OTAs and more

Yup, you were definitely justified in jumping to conclusions and being a douche because I didn't volunteer that I'm on travel and only have my work laptop with me. I learned my lesson. Moving on...the URL you provided is flagged for whatever reason on my work proxy, so that still doesn't work...