Recent content by vin4yak

1. vin4yak

Post well, this is it!

I distanced myself from XDA for the same reason. It isn't the same anymore. At least not in the Samsung forums. Enjoy your time with family and have a happy and safe year ahead! :)
  2. vin4yak

Post [INDIA] Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Indian Thread

I was in Mumbai few weeks ago. The strength was pathetic but the calls were going through.
  3. vin4yak

Post Button Mapper (remap Bixby and other buttons)

Hi Flar, good to see you in the s8 forums. Long time ex user! Is there any possibility that you could achieve triggering actions when the screen is off/locked? I would be really interested in this. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how does the bixby button remapping functionality differ...
  4. vin4yak

Post S8+ email sync

I have this issue as well. Outlook just won't sync for some reason on this device.
  5. vin4yak

Don't keep your hopes high. I ordered the phone on day 1 of the pre registration and didn't get the wireless charger. I've registered a complaint with Samsung care 3 times and they always tell me they'll get back to me which they never did till now. Hopeless service.
  6. vin4yak

Even I had a similar opinion as you do and even do so now. But I've found out the hard way when HTC simply didn't honor the warranty because the bl unlock flag was tripped. I tried hard to convince them that it had nothing to do with the software since it was a dead emmc, but they just wouldn't...
  7. vin4yak

Wth. Why do they do this? If I knew this would eventually come to Indian market, I would have waited!! This was announced as a Korea exclusive if I remember correctly?
  8. vin4yak

Post Canadian samsung galaxy s8 plus discussion

Your pic is of a HTC, signature of an iPhone and finally getting the S8 :D I know it's the very first post but I lol'd :)
  9. vin4yak

If I were you, I would try to troubleshoot the problem. I would start with not using dual sim for a day or two to see whether it has an impact. Then go for the FHD resolution and uninstalling apps one by one and see what is causing the drain. If you send it to a service center, God knows what...
  10. vin4yak

I second this. A lot of factors go into it. Screen brightness, connectivity, Bluetooth, aod, number of apps which stay active all the time like whatsapp/telegram.
  11. vin4yak

Meanwhile US buyers are getting an additional s8+ with the purchase, VRs and what not whereas we are left with frustration :cowboy:
  12. vin4yak

I'm on hold from the last 15 mins now. It just says all lines are engaged. Any idea what's the usual wait time? ---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ---------- The CS guys don't know why the order was cancelled. We will escalate the complaint to the...
  13. vin4yak

Samsung has cancelled my wireless charger order saying that there is mismatch in information. Wth is this?
  14. vin4yak

Post What phone did you have before?

Is anyone coming over from a Nexus 5?