Recent content by Viva_SA

1. V

Post [GearCM][i9500][Q&A][Discussion] Optimized CyanogenMod 11

I'm also on the 20141119 nightly and still unsure whether or not to switch to GearCM. I'll probably do it later anyway, so might as well do it now. Anyway, I don't think there is any point in flashing Gekkehenkie's fix with GearCM as those fixes has already been incorporated by Alberto.
  2. V

Thanks! I'll wait for more feedback from others about the echo. I'll be happy to make the switch when others can confirm that it has been improved/fixed.
  3. V

Post [i9500][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 Discussion

No, I have not had that issue. Just reboot it and it should return to normal.
  4. V

I agree, both loudspeaker and earphone volume is to high/loud. I don't know how to change this myself, so in the meantime I just lower the volume. This can probably easily be fixed by changing a value in the mixerpath file, but I'll only get around to try later.
  5. V

Is the echo during calls still present in the latest GearCM release - 20141122 ? Can anybody please confirm? Also, when making a recording using a voice recorder app like Easy Voice Recorder (using AAC, not PCM), is the volume of the recodings extremely low or is the volume normal as one would...
  6. V

It looks like I'm able to charge at 1900mA. ---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ---------- I believe the flashable zip is intended to work with the latest nightly, so it would be the easiest to just update to that version and flash the zip. GekkeHenkie...
  7. V

This is a very good question, and I wondered about this myself. It seems like the phone wakes up faster than before, but not every single time. Sometimes is still feels like it felt before flashing the zip. But in most cases, if my imagination is not deceiving me here, wake-up is faster since I...
  8. V

I use the same Gapps. I did not get any errors, but I got stuck in the boot animation. Flashing the 27 September nightly again fixed my issue.
  9. V

Thanks so much for this! Just a heads up to others - it seems this flashable zip is not compatible with the 27 September nightly (I just tried my luck, I know GekkeHenkie dit not intend the zip to be flashed on this old nightly). The combination results in the phone being unable to boot. I'll...
  10. V

To the best of my knowledge, no. I think he said that it will not work correctly when flashed with the wrong version of CM/GearCM, and that a proper implementation from the start would be better.
  11. V

I'm still using the nightly from 27 September in conjunction with the RJIL wakelock fix as well as gekkehenkie11's audiomod to fix the calls. This setup works reasonably well with the echo being my primary concern. I'll make the move to GearCM when Alberto96 releases his long awaited update...
  12. V

Just to add my support, Gekkehenkie, please keep on supporting the i9500 for a while longer by helping Alberto with GearCM. I just want this ROM (GearCM) to be reasonably stable, and I know this is a reachable goal. So please consider working with Alberto a little while longer. I'm sure I speak...
  13. V

I guess I'm not the only one who feels like asking for an ETA. But I MUST RESIST the urge... Just kidding. I'm really looking forward to see how the next build will be. Thanks Alberto for your dedication.
  14. V

From those, I hope that echo and microphone volume will indeed be fixed. After that, I'll prioritize the camera. All in all, it it quite an achievement how far this ROM has come given our limited access to drivers. I agree with Alberto that it makes more sense to get this ROM in a near-stable...
  15. V

Does anyone know when Alberto will be back? I'm looking forward to the next GearCM release as it should fix a number of bugs.. I'm currently still running an official CM nightly, but it seems GearCM is the way to go forward as official CM is slowing down the process of merging some of the...