• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by VR25

1. VR25

Post Advanced Charging Controller (acc)

Oh, my bad, I gave you the wrong path! The exiting path is the right one.
  2. VR25

Flash the latest version from Magisk.
  3. VR25

So far, you're the only person asking for this. I never thought of implementing it. Since acc supports plugins, I wrote one for you to achieve the desired behavior. Simply place the attached .sh file in /data/adb/acc-data/plugins/ and restart the daemon to load the new plugin. P.S., I recommend...
  4. VR25

Here's a new snapshot, especially for those who are facing major issues: **v2022.1.23 (202201230)** - Fixed bg-dexopt-job wrapper causing long accd stop delay; - Fixed typos in README; - Fixed voltage "millivolts --exit" error; - General optimizations; - Improved charging status logic; -...
  5. VR25

apply_on_boot and apply_on_plug are totally unrelated to this. I don't think you need these for charging control anyway. You can use the search function of your browser or text editor to find more information in the documentation (README file). apply_on_boot and apply_on_plug are meant for...
  6. VR25

prioritize_batt_idle_mode=false is the default behavior. As the name implies, it controls a priority (i.e., its effect is not absolute). Besides, it has no effect when a particular charging switch is enforced (with a trailing " --"). That said, prioritize_batt_idle_mode works only when the...
  7. VR25

Post Question Any custom roms available for nokia 2.2?

There are plenty of ROMs available. Read this and get a Generic System Image from here.
  8. VR25

Post General (kinda unofficial??) TWRP For Android 11

Nice job! 🎉
  9. VR25

Post How To Guide [GUIDE] How to unlock the bootloader for Nokia 2.2

I like to thinker with as much stuff as possible, but there's no specific recovery name in my mind right now. The more complete it feels (feature-wise) the better. Speaking of completeness, the process of creating dedicated forums for Nokia 2.2 has begun! To speed it up, I'd like you guys to...
  10. VR25

Now we really need a dedicated Nokia 2.2 forum.
  11. VR25

Hm, Hm, looks like an issue I fixed a while ago. What's the output of acc -v?
  12. VR25

Each model often has unique characteristics. battIdleMode (or battery strandby mode) is a feature that allows a device to prioritize drawing power from the external power supply - so that the battery does not get used as much, if at all. This requires kernel support, but there are workarounds...
  13. VR25

It turns out non-Google GSIs (Android 10-12) fail to boot due to userdata encryption. Magisk cannot disable encryption on Nokia 2.2. One must patch /vendor/etc/fstab.* and then format userdata to get rid of encryption. I did it and wrote a script to automate the patching. I'm now running the...
  14. VR25

Automatic updates can be disabled under developer options.
  15. VR25

If you don't set a switch, acc will use whatever works. If you still want to manually pick a switch, run acc -t to see which switches work – and acc -ss to set one. I can't recommend any switch in particular, since I don't know much about this device.