Recent content by waltervos

1. W

Post Which unit is actually problem free?

Thanks for your reply, I think I'll pass on an Android head unit for now :). It's overkill for my requirements anyway.
  2. W

Thread Which unit is actually problem free?

Hi forum, I'm looking for a head unit to replace the stock unit in my Mazda 6 2008. There's plenty of choice when it comes to Android head units, and they're usually very complete and affordable. Reading around the forums here though, it looks like pretty much all these units have issues. My...
  3. W

Post [Unofficial][3.2.1] RedWolf Recovery [Treble/Normal][santoni]

Hi, whenever I start Red Wolf I get asked to swipe my pattern to decrypt storage. However, the pattern is not accepted. I've done factory reset, wiped everything I could, flash TWRP, tried to format from there, flash Red Wolf again, flashed the ROM, etcetera etcetera.... I can't think of...
  4. W

Post [ROM][[Santoni][ARM64]LINEAGE 15.1[Official]

OK, but are these builds tested at all? I thought nightly builds were automated and completely unreliable. Can I assume these builds as working software? I have this Lineage OS installed already but that's build 2018-06-08-unofficial. I was just looking for an update.
  5. W

Hi, where can I find the latest version of this ROM? I'm only seeing nightly builds on LineageOS.
  6. W

What I did was flash TWRP first, per TWRP's official instructions which you can find anywhere, and then flashing Redwolf from TWRP. Appearantly this is not necessary, but it does work. You could probably flash Redwolf right away by using TWRP's instructions. Basically, a recovery is a recovery...
  7. W

I have almost the same question. I have TWRP, I used to have Lineage and now have MIUI. I want to install a Treble ROM now. Which version should I flash? Edit: Oops, I don't have TWRP anymore. Probably only logical, since I have MIUI :)
  8. W

I'm on 14.1-20180403 of this ROM. Can I upgrade to 15.1-20180518 without factory reset? Do I need to flash GApps as well? And what if I want to downgrade to 14.1 again, later? Same thing?
  9. W

After finding out that Google Maps navigation didn't work (my position didn't change, not even a little bit, after turning on navigation), I decided to downgrade to 15.1-20180421. Even though the camera and phone audio worked normally in that one, the Google Maps issue was still present. Also...
  10. W

Hey, Thanks for the hard work, but I've also got some issues with 15.1. Camera doesn't work and phone audio goes over speaker. So far that's all I can find, but it does mean the ROM is pretty much unusable for me. Any ideas on what I missed during installation? I wiped all parts as you said...
  11. W

Installed this ROM today, seems to be working well!
  12. W

Post Unlocking the bootloader on a Chinese Redmi 4x (without understanding Chinese!)

Thanks, I've checked already and it looks like I'll be fine with any version. Looking forward to getting my package and getting started!
  13. W

Post Unlocking the bootloader on a Chinese Redmi 4x (without understanding Chinese!)

Whaaaat?! Jeez, that's a lot of wasted research that I've been doing on this :cyclops: Thanks, ConradB!
  14. W

Thread Unlocking the bootloader on a Chinese Redmi 4x (without understanding Chinese!)

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a Redmi 4X, and it looks like it's a little cheaper to get the Chinese version. They're also more readily available. I'm planning to install Lineage OS or another custom ROM (whichever is 'best'). Has anyone here managed to unlock the bootloader on a Chinese...