Recent content by Wartickler

1. Wartickler

Post [Module][Magisk][Pixel][Pixel 2][Bootanimation][Systemless]

Oh I see! Thank you. I wonder why keep the old version there...? EDIT: And, of course, I fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The first, is never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only slightly less well known is, never ask a question that's already been answered if you didn't...
  2. Wartickler

Since this morning?
  3. Wartickler

Is this right? I'm checking: Google-pixel-2-dark-bootanimation-systemless.zip In module.prop: id=pixel2bootanimationdark - but - in config.sh: # This will be the folder name under /magisk # This should also be the same as the id in your module.prop to prevent confusion...
  4. Wartickler

Post [GUIDE] Unlock/Flash/Root for the Pixel 2 XL (taimen)

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again? You should also try a different cable or USB port...just sayin' :silly:
  5. Wartickler

Oh noes! Truly! I apologise if I left that impression. I was making the usual cryings associated with VPN-style ad blockers. Shoulda added the universal /s :silly:
  6. Wartickler

FWIW I'm not trying to deter you in any way but I've been running DNS66 for ad blocking for a while now and I'm quite impressed. Doesn't require root and it's super light on resources. It runs a vpn (i know, I know, that's total ****e and untrustworthy, except open source and it's really just...
  7. Wartickler

Having rooted and flashed many devices over the years I've been through many types of root management tools. Magisk seems to be yet another new flavor of root management. If I don't care about passing SafetyNet must I go through the hoops of Magisk or are there simpler root management schemes...
  8. Wartickler

Post Cellular strength and throughput

Strangely enough, (and even with my Nexus 6,) in the booming megalopolis that is Tallahassee, FL, I don't run into any 3G/1X areas, and I live on the outside of town.
  9. Wartickler

Post Community development strength

I... :confused: :rolleyes: :crying: :( :mad: :p :eek: :silly: ... I'm dead.
  10. Wartickler

I really want you to be saying this in a sarcastic tone, but since this is the internet and I can't read tone I'm just going to fly into a rage instead. Are you seriously suggesting that once the pixel 2 comes out everyone on the planet immediately gained the ability to connect USB-C straight...
  11. Wartickler

Dev strength The cable I got was USB-C to USB-C to plug into the phone and the charging brick. The adapter I got was USB-C male/USB-A female so you could attach it to an old phone and transfer contacts. You telling me you got a cable/adapter that let you connect your new phone to your PC?? I'm...
  12. Wartickler

Post Charging speed

It takes hours to get to 100%. I recently got hold of a USB-A to USB-C cable and plugged the phone into my Nexus 6 brick. The difference was astounding. Full charge in about 1.5 hours. It's sickening that I spent the money on this phone only to have it be so disappointing. I'm a diehard Google...
  13. Wartickler

How in the hell does Google let their devices languish in locked bootloader prison with carriers anymore? Why don't they give us the ability to root the phone if we're developers? You'd think you could just jump right in and unlock your bootloader on the Google Store purchased ones (unlocked...
  14. Wartickler

Post Cellular strength and throughput

It gets fewer bars in the exact same spot on my desk at work than my Nexus 6 did.
  15. Wartickler

Post Minimum brightness

I have to use a third-party app to get the brightness down enough. It still glows like it's daytime in my room.