Recent content by wcgbmd

1. W

Post [Rom]{6.20.11}[ED01] ComRom 2.1 (ukb) *2.1 patch added (flash over 2.0)

My phone isn't a case with a special issue. Its clearly the package file, I can't get to my phone to tell you the exact package name but its the one with the OTB. 2 other people with fascinates tried the exact package and had the exact issue. I really don't care, stock is fine. I'm just pissed i...
  2. W

Post [Rom]{6.20.11}[ED01] ComRom 2.1 (ukb) *2.1 patch added (flash over 2.0)

Well, another fine release for the fascinate. Back to stock. No matter how many times I format, reinstall, format, reinstall I get the same issues so I'm thinking its either something with the package... Acore crashes at start up, Acore crashes when I try to open the phone apk. Its the OTB...
  3. W

Post [ROM] [CM7] [GINGERBREAD] Kaoscinate V7

Lol I love XDA. Maybe it was an isolated incident but everything was wiped before installing. My phone freezes randomly also, probably just an isolated incident.
  4. W

Post [ROM] [CM7] [GINGERBREAD] Kaoscinate V7

No incoming calls? It says calls are functional in the op, everyone wants cm but before you waste my time installing this don't lie about the functionality.
  5. W

Post [Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

I just thought I'd throw this out there, I haven't had a single slow-down or force close, signal issue, no battery problems or anything else anyone is complaining of. Infact this rom has had the best battery life I've ever had on my phone, on any phone in fact. Its almost supernatural. My phone...
  6. W

Post [Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

The download link is messed up, its build 2.6.4 instead of 2.7 when installed.
  7. W

Post Hero vs. EVO Benchmarks

The EVO has a much higher screen resolution than the Hero from what I know so that would explain Nanocore. The EVO's resources are being hogged by the HTC Crapware they have the need to install on every damn phone, so once we remove those and get to where the Nexus one is at(Google software only...
  8. W

Post [ROM][6/5/2010] Ic3Rom v2.9 - Super Fast - AOSP Look - OC'd - JIT - LiveWallpapers

All the problems here could be fixed with a simple patch, **The 3D Gallery is terrible for any device, slow loading and tons of crashing. Use the Stock Htc Gallery, the one actually coded for our phone - we don't have a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU we have a 245mhz to 576mhz cpu... **Accounts and Sync...
  9. W

Post Faster USB Charging?

Ultimately if you want faster transfer speeds you'll need a good USB port your connecting it to as well as a fast SD card. Both data transfer speed and charging speed will be affected by the amount of power supplied by the USB Port. If you need a faster charge you should use the port on the back...
  10. W

Post [ROOT] ROOT Status of Official Sprint 2.1 release RUU: YES! | 6/03

I don't see why we can't just delete code checks from the RUU. If you updated and want to be downgraded go to a Sprint Store and say one of your apps no longer works and you want to be downgraded, once they downgrade your phone make a dump of all the files on your phone and upload them here...
  11. W

Post [ROM][6/5/2010] Ic3Rom v2.9 - Super Fast - AOSP Look - OC'd - JIT - LiveWallpapers

the 3d gallery(com.cooliris.gallery) continually force closed on me so I had to manually uninstall it to prevent all the force closes. why are you using the 3D gallery in the first place anyways the Hero doesn't have the hardware to support it properly. Be sure to disable Apps2SD when your...
  12. W

This is the only way to get root back onto the Hero: 1. Unzip the 1.56 RUU Rom file 2. Replace the 1.5 versions of system.img, hboot.img, and boot.img with their respective 2.1 versions, this will require making .img files from the Folders in the Sprint 2.1 update. 3. Replace the Radio.img with...
  13. W

Then we can just modify hboot... Edit: Checked out hboot from the 1.5 RUU, I saw lines of code referring to checking checksums. If we removed this would it have any effects other than not checking the check sum? You can look at the code quicky by opening the .img file in Notepad++, some coding...
  14. W

$170 for rooting a rom? Wait for a few more days and get and EVO for $30 more which is already rooted... Can't you just remove version checks from the 1.5 ruu and try and reinstall or possibly fake a higher version rom built into the RUU. Edit: I'm going to attempt to update the reported...