• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by webmaven

1. W

Post [OTG USB] Using OTG cable and charging at the same time - SOLVED 29.08.12

Thanks for getting back to me. The other device is too big. I need something very, very small. I work for a museum and need to connect a tablet to power as well as an Arduino board. All this needs to fit and a small frame. Thanks
  2. W

Post [OTG USB] Using OTG cable and charging at the same time - SOLVED 29.08.12

40k resistor Can you provide a link to Amazon for the correct resistor? This is what I found its 40.2k ohm 1/4watt 1%. would this work? http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Film-Resistors-Through-40-2K/dp/B0137M3SW4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1455290937&sr=8-10&keywords=40.2k+ohm+resistor Or would 3...
  3. W

Post [Q] Trying to set system minimum Dim level to 50%

Nobody knows how to set the minimum default dim level or an app that can do this??
  4. W

Post [GUIDE] Enhanced Brightness - Save Battery!

Maybe you can help me? I am trying to set my default Dim level to 50% I was able to decompile my Framework-res.apk file and edit the array.xml but I can't seem to recompile the file. I am using APKtool it will not recompile the framework-res.apk. Thank you; Raymond
  5. W

Thread [Q] Trying to set system minimum Dim level to 50%

I have the opposite issue from most users that want the screen to dim very low. I am using the Galaxy Tab S as a kiosk and would like the default dim level to go to 50 or 60%. This seems like it should be a simple change of a file but I can't find anything that will help (No app or Google...
  6. W

Post [MOD] Decompile and Rebuild ICS framework-res.apk without errors

Trying to set minimum Dim level to 50% I have the opposite issue from most users that want the screen to dim very low. I am using the Galaxy Tab S as a kiosk and would like the default dim level to go to 50 or 60%. This seems like it should be a simple change of a file but I can't find...
  7. W

Post [Q] Set Default Dim to 50%

Thanks for your advice!
  8. W

The brightness issue is the last thing I need to get working. I have an app that puts the tablet at fullscreen with no access to the systems nav and I have an app that will keep the screen on and will allow the system to go to sleep (set time in the sytems settings) but when it goes to sleep...
  9. W

These are the unites we have on hand. I also have an attract screen so burn-in should not be too bad we had to deal with burn-in for years with the old style monitors. I need to lower the display screen to 50% because if it stays at 100% the unit gets too hot and the battery does not charges...
  10. W

Xposed Module Would the Xposed Module work to dim the screen to 50%? I found this module Sense 6 Lockscreen Mods [KK] which talks about "Adjust Background Dimming" Thanks
  11. W

Thread [Q] Set Default Dim to 50%

I have the opposite issue from most users that want the screen to dim very low. I am using the Galaxy Tab S as a kiosk and would like the default dim level to only go to 50 or 60%. This seems like it should be a simple change of a file but I can't find anything that will help (No app or Google...
  12. W

Post Long Battery Life Fixed for all ROMs

You can setup a profile where if you press the power button the CPU speed is reduced and turn off all features except WiFi. I believe that after 5 minutes (or what ever time you have set for "Sleep" I believe the default is 2 minutes) the Nook will go to sleep and all features for Sleep will...
  13. W

CPU Tuner Screen Shots V; I have uploaded the screen shots. All settings can be changed after loading so if you select the wrong item its not a problem. I try to keep it simple, You can have more then 1 configuration but as you can see I just use 1. I set my user experience to Normal which...
  14. W

Sorry it was not meant to be a dig or insult!!! I love ALL of the work that the developers have done and I think I have changed my ROM about a half a dozen times because I can't figure out which one I like best. But compared to my wife's Nook with just the B&N ROM her battery could last days...
  15. W

Thread Long Battery Life Fixed for all ROMs

Think I have a solution for short battery life for Nook! (Really for any android device) The problem has been that the Nook Tablet does not go to a Deep sleep (even if they say its fixed its not). Every night I have to charge the Nook battery because it goes from 100% to 90% overnight. If the...