Recent content by whois.christopher

1. W

Post [ROM] 20/07 | ViperOneM8 6.1.0 ◦ Tweaks | HUB | OTA ◦ ALL Carriers

I flashed this ROM on Sunday and all was fine till this evening. I put the phone into airplane mode before a flight, and after I arrived at the destination, I disabled the airplane mode and decided to try disable the "Voice over LTE" function in the phone app. Well, the phone app won't let...
  2. W

Post [RUU] & [ROM] M8 Google Play Edition | Marshmallow 6.0 MRA58K.H15 | 7/27/2016

Nevermind that... I got the partition fixed by using the HTC RUU/ROM utility. It is one of the options listed by OP, and I should have tried that after coming up empty with the other firmwares....
  3. W

Post [RUU] & [ROM] M8 Google Play Edition | Marshmallow 6.0 MRA58K.H15 | 7/27/2016

So that's what I did... I flashed the DevEdition_6.12.1540.4_+StockRecovery_0p6bimg.zip RUU with super CID and DevEdition MID, it's still showing a /system partition of 1G... I just did it again and same result. Anything else I should look at?
  4. W

hello there, I tried to convert back to Sense using the instruction on the OP, but regardless which sense firmware I flash with "fastboot flash zip" (I tried Developer, International and Telus), the /system partition continues to be 1G and effectively prevent me from using any Sense ROMs...
  5. W

Post [ROM][JellyBean][4.3]Unofficial CM10.2 - 10/27/2013 - Butter - MTD - OC Kernel

Please see my post @ the Q&A thread. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36768293&postcount=1666 In short, you need to disable "Google Now".
  6. W

Post [Q&A][JellyBean][4.1.1]Unofficial CM10

The battery drains like crazy if you enable Google Now (the add-on to Google Search that attempts to constantly update/fetch info for you based on your location, preference and calendar content). Disable that and you will see your "Android OS" battery usage come down dramatically.
  7. W

Post [ROM][JellyBean][4.3]Unofficial CM10.2 - 10/27/2013 - Butter - MTD - OC Kernel

The only problem I have ever run into with Titanium Backup is with the Exchange mailbox configuration - otherwise it has been very good. People need to keep in mind the reason why we need to wipe (at least) between major revisions is due to changes in the system configuration files (or its...
  8. W

Hi Scott, Thank you for the new release. Would you be able to share what was improved on the Bluetooth side of things? Just curious... Thank you. Chris
  9. W

I was referring to using third party utilities like Titanium Backup. I don't use Google's backup/restore as it doesn't do everything, takes a while and chew up a ton of data (as it downloads and re-install all the apps from Play store). Your contacts should have already been sync'd with your...
  10. W

As per OP, you will need to format /system, wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik. In addition, restore only apps and their data - do not restore system settings as those have changed drastically and you will end up with a half-working, half-crippled system otherwise.
  11. W

That doesn't necessary show you what's using up your battery - the best way is still to do look at battery consumption via System Settings - Battery. Check this post by Marty if you want to dive in deeper and figure out what in "Android System" is eating up your battery...
  12. W

It is a mere front-end to the gps.conf file. I use it because it's easier than modifying the file using a text editor and having to remember the different parameters (and type them correctly, the syntax is case-sensitive). It's a tool that makes tinkering with that file easier. One should...
  13. W

re: your GPS problem. Install the FasterGPS app - it is essentially a front-end to the gps.conf file and allows you to play around with the settings very nicely. It used to take me 13-15 minutes to get first lock, I can get it at around 2 minutes now. there was a few discussions on this topic...
  14. W

Okay, what's "bad"? 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, or ?? The Infuse doesn't have good battery (physical spec) to start, so it's always going to be a little challenged. When I'm in the office (i.e. light usage), I can get more than 24 hours off one charge. But I will need to plug in shortly...
  15. W

I use SwiftKey and no such problem either...